ATX Community

POA's disappearing from IRS database.

BulldogTom

I called IRS PPL this morning to work on a client representation issue.   I filed the POA with the CAF unit in 2012.   I have been working with this client for years, and had multiple contacts with the IRS on their account.  In 2015, we got an installment agreement.   This week, the IRS sent a notice that they need a new 433-F, and they need it in 10 days (of course they do!).   So I call PPL to ask for an extension because my client is recovering from major surgery.   They don't have my POA on file.   Literally, I have had at least 15 contacts with the IRS on this client and they all could see my POA when I called.  Until today.

So I send an e-fax with the POA's, and of course, e-fax comes back with an unsuccessful transmission due to line busy after 15 minutes on the line.   IRS said call back when your fax machine works.  Sucks to be me today.

This is the third client that I have had to re-send my POA over for, and all of them are clients that I sent in the forms to the CAF unit.   I don't understand why my POA's are disappearing from the database.   This happening to anyone else?

Tom
Modesto, CA

I have called for several clients in the last few weeks without any problem.only forwards for 

Tom, haven't you moved a few times in the last few years?  If your address wasn't updated on the 2848, it is possible that you were sent IRS correspondence that was returned to them and your POA was removed.  Some of their notices are not allowed to be forwarded.   Also, USPS limits forwarding to 12 months.