ATX Community
Sign in to follow this  
Christian

Division of Refund

As noted in an earlier post I need to divide a refund between husband and wife on the federal return. I just checked the bank information sheet provided by ATX but see no line for indicating which amount goes to which bank. The husband will receive a lesser amount in order for the wife to get her half of the Virginia refund. Can anyone provide any info on this or will the IRS ONLY spilt the refund in half?

I've tried using the 8888 before.  As is the typical case, when there is a client with issues, this won't work like its supposed to either and they will get check in mail weeks later.  Keep an eye on it.

Do you need to fill out the ATX bank info sheet along with the Form 8888? I am also concerned that since their accounts are in their individual name if a refund amount issued to them as a married couple will not be rejected by one of these two banks. Does anyone have any experience along this line ?

51 minutes ago, Christian said:

Do you need to fill out the ATX bank info sheet along with the Form 8888? I am also concerned that since their accounts are in their individual name if a refund amount issued to them as a married couple will not be rejected by one of these two banks. Does anyone have any experience along this line ?

You must fill out the ATX bank info.

Whether the bank rejects the deposit, based on the names, is up to each individual bank.