ATX Community

State Estimates - can't create efile

jasdlm

Thank you.  Is it just a program glitch?  I just called tech support, and they act like they've never heard of it.  They told me that perhaps my state hadn't released the forms for efile.  I have been assigned a 'ticket number' or some such thing.

Eeegads.  What a hassle, and it will be a hassle next year when we have to re-enter the estimate amounts.

4 hours ago, Yardley CPA said:

Jack...any idea why direct deposit of estimated payments is causing an issue?  Hasn't the program been updated to accommodate the direct deposit?  Apparently not.  

If you are going to set up the estimates as direct drat, you must input all the information at the time you file the return.  Otherwise, you must mark the estimates to be paid by check, and the program will go past them.

I never set up estimates for direct draft.  Clients ALL forget, then there are overdrafts, "How can I stop the draft?  There is not enough money in the account..."  So, I create the vouchers with no dollar figure, write my recommendations on the vouchers in pencil, and give them to the client.

6 hours ago, Jack from Ohio said:

I never set up estimates for direct draft.  Clients ALL forget, then there are overdrafts, "How can I stop the draft?  There is not enough money in the account..."  So, I create the vouchers with no dollar figure, write my recommendations on the vouchers in pencil, and give them to the client.

This is what I do.  I don't want any part of it otherwise.  It's up to them to mail in their estimated payments.  I give them a memo of the amounts but they determine how much they can actually pay at the time.

• Like 1

This options worked fine for me last year.  I had several clients use the state direct debit feature for their estimates.  Worked perfectly and the client didn't need to worry about mailing a check or a coupon.  I have reached out to ATX and hope to get some feedback soon on when the form will be ready.  I'll update when I know more.