ATX Community

I am SOOOOO grouchy today - NT

jasdlm

I need an attitude adjustment.  Every time one of my staff members speaks to me, I just want to scream 'be silent'.

I started the morning with an 8283 because the client had enough $25 and $11 contributions (not exaggerating) to exceed the $500 threshold.  Maybe I should start charging $500 for every 8283 I complete.  That will teach people to think of others!  Seriously . . . de minimis of $5,000 for depreciation, and $500 for old clothes to the good will?  

Aaaargh.

Can I lease a bit of space on Rita's South 40?  I'm going to need a place to 'store people' very shortly.

Is it just me, or is anyone else the Bluebird of Happiness today?

:angry:

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, jasdlm said:

I need an attitude adjustment...

:angry:

Client's secretary just called to give me payroll information so I can figure and submit 941 tax.  If it's not done today, it's late.

She:  Oh, good, when I got the machine earlier, I was afraid you were out today.

Thought Bubble:  "There's a little thing called tax season where else would I be and a good thing for you to do is get your head of out your @$$ and call me on one of the other 12 days in March that I've been here."

No, I'm not grouchy at all.  Everything's going great here.  :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

I needed to do a church payroll by YESTERDAY.  Waiting for ONE item - the number of hours for ONE part-timer.  I have been asking since Saturday.  And of course since pay will be late it will be MY fault, and not the fault of the person in charge of getting me ALL (not just part!) of the information. 

So I'm not exactly Little Suzy Sunshine myself today.

Plus we had over a foot and a half of snow yesterday, and I'm tired and sore from wrestling the under-sized snowblower through that mess.  (Doug did all the shoveling, so I'm still better off than he is.)

• Like 5

2 hours ago, jasdlm said:

YES!  Did you read my mind?

Today is almost like one of those Monday's when the phone never stops ringing, every project is interrupted, and nothing is accomplished. I feel like I've lived an entire week since a woke up this morning. 

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Catherine said:

I needed to do a church payroll by YESTERDAY.  Waiting for ONE item - the number of hours for ONE part-timer.  I have been asking since Saturday.  And of course since pay will be late it will be MY fault, and not the fault of the person in charge of getting me ALL (not just part!) of the information. 

So I'm not exactly Little Suzy Sunshine myself today.

Plus we had over a foot and a half of snow yesterday, and I'm tired and sore from wrestling the under-sized snowblower through that mess.  (Doug did all the shoveling, so I'm still better off than he is.)

I'm treasurer of my Church (just started my term this year).  Yesterday, the business administrator told me that the reason payroll is always so last minute (which affects ME) is because of one person who has to be begged for her time sheet every pay period.  I just sent an email to all employees letting them know that anyone whose time sheet is not received by the close of business on the ___ and ___ days of the month will not be paid until the next regular cycle payday, assuming by then the time sheet is in order.  NO exceptions.  We'll see what happens.  DON'T mess with me in March.

• Like 8

New client is blowing up my phone and Email, "Where is my 1120S?"

Give her a call, "I am working on it, will have an answer soon, sorry about the delay..."

I look at the return prepared last year and the date on it after I hang up... Dec 10, 2017. 

I am SHOOTING the bluebird of happiness.  ARRGHH!

RIch

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, jasdlm said:

I'm treasurer of my Church (just started my term this year).

#1 priority for any volunteer or quasi volunteer "job" is to make it easy to be replaced... unless you want to be a lifer.  BTDT, and unless I can see myself completing priority 1, I will no longer accept that type of gig.  Only took me three decades to figure it out (I took my first volunteer gig, to revive a dormant not for profit club, at age 21, and am enjoying my first "free" spring in two decades after letting another gig go).

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jasdlm said:

I'm treasurer of my Church (just started my term this year). 

Me too, but I just started in January and we had a bookkeeper who did payroll until around Feb 22nd.  (LONG story.)  I have had to change payroll completely, get a new bank account, get new W-4's, check addresses (many of the papers dated back to the early 2000's; far too old to assume they were right).  Then people rush me and lollygag themselves.  The last delay was something that had to be approved by someone who just got back from CA after a family funeral... but yeah, they're going to toe the line.  Starting as soon as I have a minute to get out a whip.  Hey, Jesus used one, so it's completely appropriate for a church group, right?  ^_^

• Like 4

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:00 PM, Catherine said:

Starting as soon as I have a minute to get out a whip.  Hey, Jesus used one, so it's completely appropriate for a church group, right?  ^_^

Yes.  Yes it is.  Jesus made a whip.  He had a premeditated fit.   For a church group.  Yep.  You go, girl.

• Haha 6

On 3/14/2018 at 11:23 AM, jasdlm said:

I started the morning with an 8283 because the client had enough $25 and $11 contributions (not exaggerating) to exceed the $500 threshold. 

Yes not my favorite situation.  I have some big time filthy rich clients who never give a cent to their church or the many worthy non-profit organizations, but they can throw at me 8-10 tickets to [Goodwill, Salvation Army].  Of course none of them have any representation of dollars.  This is such concern for the underprivileged.  Trophy wife wants a $5000 upgrade to her wardrobe or hubby wants new toys for his vintage electric train set in their basement.  And they tell me their donations are worth thousands, until they find out they have to detail everything above $500.

• Like 2