ATX Community

Eric, our Honorary Tax Star

jklcpa

Since no one responded to the thread for the week of 3/24-3/30, I hope you all like my decision to make @Eric an Honorary Aficionado for putting up with us (probably mostly me bugging him at times), and I'm also awarding him a crown of golden laurels for keeping this forum up and running for the last 11 years. 

Thank you, Eric!  Laurel.thumb.jpg.cdb3e9f81202218f023de6577cfccd34.jpg

If anyone that has benefitted from this forum has not yet donated to Eric, please consider doing that to help keep the site up and running.  If you consider the time another member here may have saved you by providing answers not easily found in other reference materials or sites, or if this site has helped make your season a little easier or more profitable, I think you'll agree that a donation isn't too much to ask. 

Edited by jklcpa
added the picture, fixed the tag
  • Like 14

I just realized that, if I recall the date correctly, it was 11 years ago yesterday the date that CCH shut the official forum down on us and led to the formation of this unofficial community.

I don't know exactly when all of the details were ironed out for this site, but if we use Eric's join date of 4/9/07 as the anniversary date then the star award is all the more fitting.

Thanks again, Eric!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Haha, thanks Judy! :)

Yup, my join date is the date the forum software was installed.  I just checked and that's also the day I registered the atxcommunity.com domain.   It probably took me another day or two to get everything set up, and I think KC was the next registered member on the 11th. 36 other members followed that same day, thanks mostly to KC's network of friends.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Thanks for the reminder to donate! This forum has saved my @$$ more than you'll ever know. There are other sites, but y'all are so welcoming and so kind, there is none other like this one. Eric, thank you so much for all you have done, and all you do. My donation was by CC and there wasn't a place to designate my name, so when you see the donation for $5000.00, it was me.

Well... maybe not $5000....

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

I'm fairly sure KC was the one who alerted me, too. I joined on Apr 14, and by that time there were over 100 members.  This community grew exponentially from the outset.  It is truly unique, thanks to the efforts of Eric and everyone else who cooperates to make it the special resource it has become. Being self-supporting and not subject to the whims or domination of a single company, it offers a rare level of independence.  Thank you, Eric.

• Like 5

12 hours ago, Eric said:

Haha, thanks Judy! :)

Yup, my join date is the date the forum software was installed.  I just checked and that's also the day I registered the atxcommunity.com domain.   It probably took me another day or two to get everything set up, and I think KC was the next registered member on the 11th. 36 other members followed that same day, thanks mostly to KC's network of friends.  

Where is KC?   I miss her.

Tom (April 13th, 2017, day 4 of the forum)
Modesto, CA

• Like 4

Good golly. Has it been 11 years?!?!? I joined 4/14/07. Haven't been around much the last couple years due to health issues (me and my wife) and the press of also pastoring a small church. But I've benefited tremendously through the years. I've donated before...will immediately do so again. Gracias, amigo!

• Like 4

I just checked - I'm one of the other 36 who joined April 11.  Following the best crowd EVER!  I was also part of the group that sent a picnic to the original ATX group (William Tasker, where are you?)  in gratitude for their great support and, well, humanity helping us get through tax season year after year.

I hope Eric shows up in June in TN.  Love to give him and family a picnic, too!  In the front yard, of course...

• Like 3

Apparently, like usual, I am a little slow.  I didn't join until 4/22/2007, and my first post wasn't until 4/24/2007.  At the time I was upset that the official board was yanked so close to the end of tax season, but since joining this board I haven't missed (or viisted) the official board.  Yay Eric!  Thank you, and thanks to all of you who make this board what it is!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Margaret CPA in OH said:

I just checked - I'm one of the other 36 who joined April 11.  Following the best crowd EVER!  I was also part of the group that sent a picnic to the original ATX group (William Tasker, where are you?)  in gratitude for their great support and, well, humanity helping us get through tax season year after year.

I hope Eric shows up in June in TN.  Love to give him and family a picnic, too!  In the front yard, of course...

I probably won't be in TN for the party in June (sorry), but I was there for that picnic at ATX!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Catherine said:

Retired, and living in YOUR state now, Tom.  Nearer to her sons and grandchildren.  I see her posts occasionally in a Yahoo Groups forum.

Yeah, she used to live in Modesto.   But by the time I moved here, she had moved to Southern Calif. (I think).

@kcjenkins  Please pop into the board and say hi sometimes.

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 4