ATX Community

Help Please - SMLLC Disregarded - ATX Entry For CA

BulldogTom

I have my first SMLLC Disregarded.   Amazing that this is the first time I have to do this.   I have questions on how to do the ATX entry?   Here is what I know:

It has to be included on a Sch C on the Federal return.
It has to include a CA 568 for CA.

Here is what I don't know.  

1.  Do I enter the revenue and expense on the Sch C and it will flow to the CA 568?   Or enter it on the CA 568 and it flows to the Sch C?  Or do I have to enter on both?
2.  Is the software going to allow me to e-file the 3 signature returns all at once?  

Thanks in advance.   I really don't want to put this one on extension.    I can get it all done today.   But I don't know how to do the entry.

Tom
Modesto, CA

I have a lot of trouble with ATX getting the right info to the TN FAE 170 from the federal on my SMLLCs.  Even if the box is checked at top of schedule, "Hey, look at me, I'm an LLC," if there is another non-LLC Sch C or Sch E in the return, ATX wants to send everything on them to the TN return, too.  Also, I have to do a lot of finagling getting the business name and EIN to the TN return.  Program enters couple's names and a SSN on the TN return.  It takes longer than it should.  Don't know if I am not holding my teeth right or what, but I'm blaming ATX. 

1 minute ago, RitaB said:

I have a lot of trouble with ATX getting the right info to the TN FAE 170 from the federal on my SMLLCs.  Even if the box is checked at top of schedule, "Hey, look at me, I'm an LLC," if there is another non-LLC Sch C or Sch E in the return, ATX wants to send everything on them to the TN return, too.  Also, I have to do a lot of finagling getting the business name and EIN to the TN return.  Program enters couple's names and a SSN on the TN return.  It takes longer than it should.  Don't know if I am not holding my teeth right or what, but I'm blaming ATX. 

Rita, do you include the LLC return with the personal return, or do you create another file?   So for example, do you open just one return in ATX and have the 1040 and the TN FAE 170 in that same ATX return? 

This just looks really weird to me to have a 1040, CA 540 and a CA 568 in the same return in ATX.   Am I doing this right?

Thanks

Tom
Modesto, CA

3 minutes ago, BulldogTom said:

Rita, do you include the LLC return with the personal return, or do you create another file?   So for example, do you open just one return in ATX and have the 1040 and the TN FAE 170 in that same ATX return? 

This just looks really weird to me to have a 1040, CA 540 and a CA 568 in the same return in ATX.   Am I doing this right?

Thanks

Tom
Modesto, CA

Yes, I add the TN FAE to the personal return. 

• Like 1

The main thing with a CA SMLLC is that the $800 tax is paid.  If the income is over $250K, add a $900 fee. There are more levels above this.

As long as the income doesn't exceed the $250K, there is no need to fill in any other information.  However, if you want to do the extra work, use worksheet W. 

The  SMLLC  568 can not be Efiled.

It doesn't seem to matter whether the SMLLC 568 is filed or not, just as long as the $800 is paid.  I've had clients that came to me after not filing the 568 for several years.  On checking their status with the SOS, it was always "Active".  If it were a multi-member LLC, then if not filed, it would have been Suspended.

I

1 hour ago, Tax Prep by Deb said:

The SMLLC 568 can be efiled.  I just did one and it was accepted.  What you have to do though if you are sending it as a separate file, make sure you have a 1040 efile in the mix.  My three times got rejected, called ATX support and this is what they had me do and it worked like a charm.

I got it done yesterday.   Efiled no problem.   568 was held automatically by the software.   I released it after I sent the 1040/540 and it sailed right through.   Accepted before the 1040 and 540. 

It was just weird seeing 2 CA signature forms in the same return.   Something in my brain just revolted at the idea that I could put them both in  with the 1040.   I was also struggling with flow through.   It seems that I should not have to do double entry, but I did not know if I should do the 568 or the Sch. C first.   I did the C first and then filled in the 568.    This is going to take some time to master.   I need a few more of them to practice on.

Tom
Modesto, CA

1 hour ago, joanmcq said:

I’ve always done sch c then 568. But I’ve always had an issue with filing. So this year it’s in the same file as the 1040? Or a separate file with dummy 1040?

In the same file.   Is that the reason you are having efile problems?   You are creating a return with just the 568 in it?

Tom
Modesto, CA

• Like 1