ATX Community

NT So - how did YOU celebrate?

Catherine

My assistant and I went for a doubles massage. My neighbor brought us a little bottle of champagne, so we had some bubbly before going.  This gal, Cynthia, has become like a daughter to me. With no job and no plans for a career, I took her under my wing last year. She was even better this year. I'm helping her study for her EA (even though I have no plans for my own) so she can plan her future in taxes.

Personally, this has been the most peaceful, joy-filled, and productive tax season in my life. Thank you for all your assistance, all your laughs, and for being my extended office. This is my safe place, right here. What a difference this site makes in my business and my spirit.

Saturday, I begin HORSEBACK RIDING LESSONS. Yes, 62 this month, and I'm finally able to fulfill a dream of mine. I am going to a Christian camp so that if I fall off the horse and "wake up dead," they know how to pray me UP!  AMEN?

I'm a very blessed woman!

Thanks, and God Bless y'all.

• Like 14

Headed out early this morning to my  getaway in the country.  Arrived at 5 am and it was snowing!  It stopped at about 7 and I cleaned up all the downed branches and fixed  the plow damage.  I loved it, no thinking and my back aches but it feels so good.  Got a haircut and a great lunch with a friend in my favorite Greek restaurant, ate and drank with a smile knowing I'm done.  Just got back and this is the first place I went to check.  Glad to see everyone is having a good time.  I'll be in bed early....very early.  Best to everyone, you did good, we should all be proud of ourselves.

• Like 9

My husband said that this was the smoothest end of tax season that he has seen in our 28 years together.  I'm not sure what I did differently, but I hope that I can keep it up. I did start using him earlier in the season as my receptionist  for signing so that I could work harder without all of the distractions.

• Like 8

So yesterday afternoon I called @Possi to see if they survived, and they were DRINKING AND HAVING MASSAGES.  Wait, what?  I thought I was your best friend, not Cynthia.  I see how it is.

Then I went home, had five little candy bars, and whoever named them "Fun Size" clearly did not understand fun.

Then I hiked around the farm smiling and enjoying the sun, thankful for a good season.  Discovered a new baby calf, which is always like Christmas morning to me. 

Thanks to all of y'all for everything you do for me.  And everybody please stick around because I need you all year. 

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Back at work now to work on the backlog. I celebrated by sleeping, sleeping, playing video games, sleeping some more, and eating real food in between. No more gummy bears and chocolates for lunch and dinner!

I'm still waking up at ungodly hours.  I'm so jealous.  And it's torture trying to get through one return now.  :(

• Like 3