ATX Community

S corp reject code, please help

jklcpa

My own S corp return was rejected.

It only took 8 days to receive the reject. Actually it was longer. Return was filed 1/20, supposedly rejected 1/28 according to efile ack history. But I've requested acks at least once per day, and just a little while ago received the ack through ATX, but the reject was 3 days ago. Something's wrong with that picture.

I can't figure out what this code is, or what I did wrong. I efiled this return last year. The code is MEFFDX0000-005.

I think the problem might be that I left the paid preparer area blank. Maybe only self-submitting large corps should have this blank? I did have the paid preparer fields filled in last year. Could this be my problem? I'd really like to efile this and be done with it.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.

Hmm, looks like that's going through MEF. Cool.

Anyway, looks like one of these:

X0000-005

The XML data has failed schema validation.

XML Error

Reject And Stop

*See Note above

XML Error. Probably an issue with ATX itself rather than something you did.

Pub 4164 is basically the 1346 equivalent with MEF for the business returns. Although other than being able to determine there's something wrong with the schema there's not much more there. Looks like the idea with MEF is to give the description of the reject with the ack, but if the schema is screwed up it can't get that far.