ATX Community

ATX Server

terry

This is the email that I got, and according to it there will be no interruption of e-filing or access to Customer Support websites, in spite of the move.

Dear Valued ATX Customer,

As announced earlier this year, we are moving to our new corporate headquarters in Kennesaw, GA in just a few days. The first day of business in our new, state-of-the-art facility will be Monday, August 16.

We have already relocated our major processing centers, including the Electronic Filing Center (EFC), so you should see no interruption in e-filing or in the availability of the Customer Support website as we complete the move.

We've spent more than $10 million on renovating the new facility, much of it on expanding and improving our technology infrastructure to better serve you.

• The network speed has been increased by 1000 percent in the new Data Center, which will enable us to process e-files more quickly.

• The Internet bandwidth has been increased by almost 200 percent to provide you with faster access to our internet enabled applications and allow us to serve more customers simultaneously.

• Server storage has been increased by almost 100 percent.

• Our phone system has been re-engineered to more efficiently handle the demands of tax season.

We will close our current office in Rome at noon on Thursday, August 12, and open in the new location on Monday, August 16, at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time.

Our new mailing address is:

CCH Small Firm Services

225 Chastain Meadows Court NW

Suite 200

Kennesaw, GA 30144

Contact information for Customer Care, Account Management and Sales remains the same:

Customer Care

E-mail: [email protected]

Phone: 1-800-638-8291

Account Management (to renew your software or for questions about your account)

Phone: 1-800-495-4626

New Sales

Phone: 1-877-728-9776

We are excited about this move. It will enable us to serve you better as we continue to provide the best quality products and service in the industry.

Sincerely,

Your ATX Team More from ATX:

Have you renewed your software for 2010? If so, thank you! If not, call us today at 1-800-495-4626 and we'll be happy to discuss your needs for the upcoming tax season.

© 2010 CCH Small Firm Services. All rights reserved.

This email address is not monitored on a regular basis. Please contact customer support, sales, or renewals departments with your respective inquiries. If you do not wish to receive unsolicited marketing messages from CCH Small Firm Services, click “Unsubscribe” and include your Client ID in the e-mail. We will continue to provide you with technical and informational e-mails.

CCH Small Firm Services

6 Mathis Drive NW

Rome, Georgia 30165 USA

Thanks Gailtaxed. I looked for the email I received but could not locate it. My recollection is that it was not a normal email, in the sense that it did not go to my ATX folder via Outlook rules, and I initially deleted the message and then had an after thought that something in the header rang a bell. So I went back and read it. I guess I remembered the move, but not the details about the efiling and support site. Thanks for the correction. At any rate, I guess they lied. I tried late last evening and again just now and can not access myatx.com. I will not hold it against them, though, so long as it is up and running by sometime Monday. I have moved enough times myself to know that there is no move that does not have its share of challenges. And a move of this magnitude will certainly have its own. I wish all of the ATX and Tax Wise folks a successful and speedy relocation. I moved my office about ten years ago. We shut down at noon on Friday and were open for business as usual by the opening bell on Monday with everything being in its rightful place, all technological equipment moved, reconnected, and tested, and coffee in the coffee pot. That is truly a weekend that I do not want to relive.

Does anyone know of a way to reach someone at ATX / CCH today ? We need to be able to efile (by EoD Monday) and with their services down and no status update, we are getting worried.

The email update from them stated:

"We have already relocated our major processing centers, including the Electronic Filing Center (EFC), so you should see no interruption in e-filing or in the availability of the Customer Support website as we complete the move."

But obviously that was not accurate. It appears that efile and the support site (http://support.atxinc.com) are down.

Any advise or info would be appreciated.

-Dan