ATX Community

E-filing Form 1116

elycole

Gail,

Thank you for the reply. The Form1116 is not listed under the "Find Forms" option to give any sort of status.

The form is definitely installed. I am encountering a problem when trying to electronically file a return it says that the form has not yet been approved for e-file, which I find very strange given it's already February.

Has anyone had success submitting an e-file with Form 1116??

I called ATX Thursday night and was on hold for about 1 hour about this very issue. The representative I spoke with, Amy, had referenced that ATX was aware of the problem and had been aware of it from early this week. Amy also shared with me that they expect to have a solution this weekend to the problem with the 1116 of it being downloaded but unable to be e-filed. Apparently, this has been a problem in other tax years as well in looking at some community threads, so hopefully, by Monday, we should be able to update our forms and be able to e-file returns with the 1116 and 1116 AMT.

I am on the telephone right now (1 hour 16 minutes and counting) with ATX tech support and the representative tells me this is an issue they were supposed to have resolved on February 4th. It's now February 13th and still no resolution. This is a form that affects many of my clients since a lot of mutual funds have foreign holdings and pay foreign taxes, even if just a dollar here and there. Any idea what kind of recourse we have with ATX? Customer service is AWFUL this year.

I have been checking and calling every day. I work abroad and pretty much every single client of mine needs to file 1116. This is my first year using ATX and thinking might just switch software if this does not get resolved by this week at the latest. I have also used Proseries in the past and know they're Form 1116 has been working with e-file for nearly 3 weeks already. If anyone has success (or gets an update) please respond....