ATX Community

LOUISIANA PREPARERS

Cathy

So people who filed the claims before June 14 either did or will get the credit. People who filed it after June 14 with just a flex-fuel car will not. Any indication as to whether those who got the credit (the people who filed before June 14) will have to repay it back?

If the people who filed before June 14 did not have to repay it back, then the lesson would apper to be "hurry up and file before they change their minds". I don't see how the state can say the flex fuel vehicles should NOT get the credit without having to go back and make all the "improperly paid" returns repay the "ill-gotten gains".

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So people who filed the claims before June 14 either did or will get the credit. People who filed it after June 14 with just a flex-fuel car will not. Any indication as to whether those who got the credit (the people who filed before June 14) will have to repay it back?

If the people who filed before June 14 did not have to repay it back, then the lesson would apper to be "hurry up and file before they change their minds". I don't see how the state can say the flex fuel vehicles should NOT get the credit without having to go back and make all the "improperly paid" returns repay the "ill-gotten gains".

That's my take - those who filed before 6/14 received their credit and will not have to repay it.