ATX Community

Registered for the RTRP exam

Janitor Bob

Response to: "I was not going to pay RTRP prep course because (as you mentioned) I thought I could prepare myself and save money....but I need to pay for 15 hours of CE and if the RTRP review will count towards 10 of the required 15, I figured I should go ahead and pay for one. Several ads I have seen offer the review course along with an additional 5 hours CE."

The best deal I have found was on AplusCPE. There RTRP Exam Prep Course includes 10 hours of CPE for $44.95 and you can add the law and ethics courses to your order for free. I ordered all of them at the same time and they only charged me $44.95. The prep course has plenty of practice questions to prepare you for the exam, and they have an ethics course called Circular 230. It helped to take this course to review as well.

I saw an exam siluation product for $24.95 on their catalog to. From the sounds of it you can get this product to simulate the exams as many times as you want. The only thing is it isnt a course so it doesnt give you CE credits. But it seems like a good deal for unlimited practice.

• Like 1

Sharie, I stand by the NATP book ($75) and Exam Matrix $199. After I took the exam, it was broght to my attention by someone else using the product that Exam Matrix uses questions from old Enrolled Agent exams to have you better prepared for the RTRP exam. Let us know how the APlusCPE works out.

I just received in the mail my RTRP diploma(?) I assume this means I can now also use the RTRP designation?

It does, however did you notice the info that was sent with it that if we use the designation in any advertising we have to include the disclosure that IRS does not endorse any particular individual tax return preparer. For more iformation on tax return preparers, go to www.IRS.gov? I had a little note that told me I had to include this disclosure if I advertise using the new title.

Deb!

NATP does clarify that business cards are not generally considered "paid advertising" so the disclaimer is not needed in that case.

http://www.natptax.com/2012taxseason/Pages/default.aspx

I'm hoping ad pens fall in the same category as business cards because I already ordered new pens, with "RTRP" after my name.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...