ATX Community

Registered for the RTRP exam

Janitor Bob

Finished at 2:20 and PASSED!!! :D :D :D :D

Advice as follows:

Read Circular 230 slowly and carefully. :read:

Read Pub 17 slowly and carefully. :read:

Do NOT overthink the 20-25 AMBIGUOUS questions! :scratch_head:

If you have 5 or more years doing 50 or more personal tax returns, the test will be easily passable.

The questions are not worded nearly as precisely and carefully as the E.A. exam questions.

Now I only have the one E.A. exam to take. I took this exam so I can use both titles when I advertise and on my business cards. The public seems to understand the new RTRP designation, but are still confused by E.A.

• Like 2

Don't forget to review the pub 1345 as well as the circ. 230. You don't have those available to research during the test.

And practice researching pub 17 the the 1040 instructions online format!

I'm so used to just flipping thru a book that it took longer to look up in the electronic format.

I am reviewing using exam matrix rtrp online program to get used to the taking the test on the computer. They are giving 10 hours CEU's. So I'll only have ethics and updates to get later in the year.

I am finding it very beneficial... just getting used to taking a test again... been a while.

Taxtrio

Yes it is Marilyn! I can understand the hesitancy - - I looked for free sample questions to get myself in the mood, and honestly - -I think I was getting a tad lazy - - -

Soooooooooooooooooooo if I had NOT passed - -it would have been a slap upside the head wake up call!

• Like 1