ATX Community

How long are you giving TRX to fix or jump ship?

beckster

Thanks Bekster.

Tomorrow was the drop deap date I set .... or maybe it was today. I need to sleep on this. Its been a long frustrating day and this software is only compounding the frustration

You know Crank - they had the states available for 1-update 2 weeks ago. IMO that would give me hope. I'm not doing the testing you are doing though.

On the other hand they appear to have completely ignored the entire corporate tax side to the software thus far. Mind boggling.

Roberts,

I must have missed the state updates.

My main state, Pa, has been available for a while but its not ready. 2011 forms, incomplete links, errant error messages but I was hoping for an update soon.

Im really giving this software a chance and thought the 4.0.0.15 update was close to a functional 1040 but then ver 16-18 took away that brief feeling of hope, as they broke other items in the process.

I only have a handfull of 1120S's so I was willing to wait a bit but they too are very rough and there hasnt been much communication concerning them., adding to the frustration.

Maybe its just the days frustrations bringing out more software concerns but at this late date it's not very promising and I may have to look elsewhere

This is the 4th or 5th year I have been with TRX. I have referred other small tax offices to TRX in the past and now I'm regretting it. I am sitting at my desk with stacks of returns that cannot be finished because TRX doesnt have the states ready yet. OMG. We do taxes. At tax time. Is this tax time? YES! I cannot imagine a company that sells tax software could be so completely inept as what TRX has become. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get customer support on the line without waiting an hour. Not only that but I was told for months they were going to renew with Redgear but at the last minute stated they didn't renew the contract. So those who bought the software in the middle of the year thinking they were going to get Redgear again was stuck with this horrible, horrible software. They won't refund your money either but will give a credit for NEXT YEAR'S software. Do they honestly think I would return next year? I stayed with them these last few years and when I emailed Doug to ask about a refund he didn't bother to respond despite me being a customer for so long as well as referring others to TRX. I can't see how they will even be a viable company this time next year after this fiasco. The software isn't friendly at all. So many issues I would hardly have time to list them all...wait maybe I can because I can't finish my returns anyway because there are no states available and now they are telling me it will be next week before they are ready??? Meanwhile all around me the Jackson Hewitts, Hr Blocks and Liberty tax offices are processing returns right and left. RIDICULOUS! Can anyone tell that I'm a little upset? Has anyone else had these issues? My main issue now is do I go ahead and buy another software for this season (thereby adding to my cost) or do I wait for TRX to get themselves together??? And if I wait for that will tax season be over? I'm thinking yes.

Nomi, I see you are new to this forum, so you have some catching up to do on this board will all the postings regarding TRX. You will notice that as early as Dec. users realized that the software was buggy and not to the standards of a professional tax prep software. Mr. Doug Hughes kept on making promises that he will deliver a quality profesional software in time for us to use. 1/31 has come and gone and he has failed to deliver as you have found out.

My suggestion to you is to find another tax prep software that you can afford or you take the risk of going out of business yourself.

Most of us who were duped by TRX this year have done just that because we care about our customers more than TRX cares about theirs!

You will see many suggestions on this board for software that is working and in various price ranges and options. You have to make a decision now.

I just purchased Drake software. Another friend of mine who owns a tax prep business told me earlier that she also purchased Drake today because of the issues with TRX. Seems to me there could be some kind of class action against TRX. But regardless they will never receive a dime from me again.

For the size of my practice, the TRX pricing fits my budget & I recognize the limitations of that. I have only done some minor playing around in the 2012 software because I am waiting for the majority of the major bugs (listed by others) to be ironed out. Then I'll do more major testing. I am very hopeful that everything will run smoothly in the next week or so. However, if the software is not usable at that time, I may have to "jump ship." I truly dread the idea of having to find a new software at the last minute right before clients start coming in in late January. I really hope that won't be the case!

Let me know if you find one that works and is affordable...I have worked three days on two returns and one has been rejected.

I have a small practice but at this rate, I may have to give up.

I haven't jumped ship .... yet. I've completed 2 returns and they have been accepted. Both were very simple returns.

I may have to look at a pay per return for the returns I can't do in TaxExact, but those end up costing almost as much as TaxAct. I'm also considering putting more complex returns on extension and filing them after 4/15 when I can demo other software for free. My practice is small enough that price really is my driving factor. So far I've only looked at prices for alternatives and have not yet demoed anything.

But, like everyone else, I'll do what I have to do.

Do you get any State and business worked?

I haven't jumped ship .... yet. I've completed 2 returns and they have been accepted. Both were very simple returns.

I may have to look at a pay per return for the returns I can't do in TaxExact, but those end up costing almost as much as TaxAct. I'm also considering putting more complex returns on extension and filing them after 4/15 when I can demo other software for free. My practice is small enough that price really is my driving factor. So far I've only looked at prices for alternatives and have not yet demoed anything.

I don't know you so all I will say that if I was your client and i learned that the reason you put me on extension so that you can use a demo to file for free, i think I will be extremely angry. What happens when these unsuspecting taxpayers realize that they could have had their refund months back. Will you pay them interest? If you are critical of Doug and his business practices, are you not doing something that is against your client's best interest?

I am NOT a big shop, but I spent over thousand bucks just to make sure that i don't take any chances with my client's tax returns. Hope to earn that back by the time credit card bill comes middle of Feb!

I do very few state returns or business returns. None of these clients have come in yet.

I do not wish to get into any confrontations with anyone. I merely listed that using extensions as a possibliity. I also listed using a pay per return program as an option. I am very honest and upfront with my clients about what I do and why I do it. If I client doesn't like any decision I may make they are welcome to go elsewhere.

I honestly don't know what I'm going to do yet, as stated above.

I have a couple returns ready to go, and I can't get them sent or reach TRX by phone (wonder why their phones are busy). If I can't get them out tomorrow, I think TaxAct is my only option. No income in January has been hard on me, and I don't have enough credit to buy anything more expensive. So far, I'm very disappointed in TRX, and I have to keep myself in business somehow.

Just to be able to do simple returns only is not the hallmark of a professional tax software. I bet you could do them faster with IRS approved PDF fillables!

It is really a shame how we have been duped by TRX!

I purchased Drake earlier today and have already downloaded it, prepared and efiled several returns that were all accepted within mins. I paid dearly for it but now I have peace of mind that I certainly didn't have with TRX. Going to uninstall their worthless software from my computer and hopefully never hear from them again. I do feel sorry for the poor salesperson who calls me from TRX later in the year asking me to renew.

Just made a deal with Taxwise for all pacakge with free filing with personal and business software with price $399. and give me some promtion code for their online order. Those TRX users who want to move on or any intersted, send me messge with you email in this forum.

I too have given up on TRX. I went with TaxAct. I used Parsons back in the day, so it's not a difficult transition. Completed one return yesterday with no problems.

Thank you for your help trying to make TRX work. But, I could not deal with the uncertainty any more. I will be asking for a refund, already know the answer, and contacting

my credit card company.

I too had to give up and purchased TaxSlayer. I got the $995 Classic program for $825.00. They are familiar with the TRX problems and are giving the $825 price for those coming over. I talked to Jody Jones at extension 312. I just puchased the program and don't know anything about it yet. At least the TRX program is not a total loss. I'm able to use the 1099 module for 1099s. I think I paid about $200 last year for a program to prepare 1099s.

I bought TaxSlayer this morning and paid $845 from Byron Allen in sales for NC & VA. He was the person that sent me an email about 2 weeks ago. Sounds like I could hae gotten another $20. I did ask for a discount and Byron said they were very busy with sales because of TRX, ATX, and TaxWorks. I definitely would be asking for the discount Terry D. I'm sure they may honor something since you hae bought in the last few days.

I just jumped ship...bought TaxAct and sent off a couple of returns I couldn't get through TRX. Thanks, Terry.

Oh...and I'm sorry I whined at ATX year after year for ten years....whatever it was I was complaining about was never, ever this bad.

Yes, this does put prior tax software problem in perspective doesnt it.

Onedesk is not charging you to use it professional 1040 and business tax software, they provide free same day remote installation and activation of your tax year 2012. All 1st year clients try it FREE.. There is no contract/payment or commitment required.

You get unlimited e-filing all States. You can download and install our call tech support for remote installation same day.

You are not required to sign a contract, TREE it FREE

Download Desktop and call to activate for FREE 888-412-9510

I think everyone on here has seen this at least 10 time already. Enough!