ATX Community

"Unable to access 2011 rollover data due to low resources"

cfncpa

Hello all. I am looking for help with this error message I am getting, and report it to the community. It happens only on my workstation when I go to the rollover tab to select a return to rollover. I have a very simple peer to peer network, and have never had this problem with any of the previous 9 versions of ATX we have used...so I do not believe I have any actual low resource/memory problem. Funny thing is that the program has not asked me to setup a new user like the old program did. Maybe that has something to do with it ?.?.?. Doesnt ATX 2012 come with a 3 or 5 user license (I only use 2) ?.?.

I do NOT get this error when running on the host/server computer. I have updated to the most recent version on the server/host, as well as run a new netsetup for the worksation install. I also have installed the 2012 Payroll Program and of course it is running smoothly, no such errors. I can roll over the data there.....thank goodness I know I can at least get to my 2011 data from somewhere.

See attached screen shot below. Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Phil

post-1654-0-30365600-1358720368_thumb.jp

A word of caution, you need to revamp your computer memory by upgrading it to the max. ATX2012 is memory resource intensive in launching, rolling over and loading respective returns. This version is nothing compared to prior years's versions. It is on new technology which is a memory hog.

Thank you for your responses. Sorry for the delay in replying, been caught up in payroll work. I dont think my computers are the problem. My 2 computers are identical, and their specs all exceed or equal the system recommendations on page 4 of the 2012 manual:

-3.25 GB of RAM (2gb recommended)

-Pentium 4 processor at 3.2GHZ (2 ghz recommended)

-Windows XP operating system, service pack 3 (equals minimum recommendations)

Cant believe I am the only one having this problem. If it was a computer issue, seems like others would have gotten snagged trying to run an older computer. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

The network set up this year is different than for the last bunch of years. Did you follow the installation instructions?

I know this may be a simplistic answer, but over on the other ATX board, I'm seeing a lot of people whose main issue is just not reading the manual or following installation instructions.

The network set up this year is different than for the last bunch of years. Did you follow the installation instructions?

I know this may be a simplistic answer, but over on the other ATX board, I'm seeing a lot of people whose main issue is just not reading the manual or following installation instructions.

Thanks for reply. I did follow manual, but it seemed just like last year, just a different folder that the "netsetup.exe" type file is located in. I will go back and check though. Everything works on the remote workstation, its just the Rollover feature that is not working. Everything else seems to work.

Thanks for reply. I did follow manual, but it seemed just like last year, just a different folder that the "netsetup.exe" type file is located in. I will go back and check though. Everything works on the remote workstation, its just the Rollover feature that is not working. Everything else seems to work.

The program is nothing like 2011. Every function of the program is different.

Get a new system with the fastest quad-core processor, at least 8GB of RAM, Solid State Hard drive and a 1GB video card. The difference in how the program will work will astound you. Also be sure it is Windows 7, not Windows 8. XP is not whe dinosaur and Microsoft is very close to ending any support for it.

It is 2013. Adapt and change with the high-tech world we live in, and drive the bus instead of riding in the back of the bus.

The program is nothing like 2011. Every function of the program is different.

Get a new system with the fastest quad-core processor, at least 8GB of RAM, Solid State Hard drive and a 1GB video card. The difference in how the program will work will astound you. Also be sure it is Windows 7, not Windows 8. XP is not whe dinosaur and Microsoft is very close to ending any support for it.

It is 2013. Adapt and change with the high-tech world we live in, and drive the bus instead of ridingi in the back of the bus.

Yes Sir! I'll get right on this. Thanks so much for your suggestions. All of them. I guess I am all set now. Good luck with all your hi-tech goodies, and a happy tax season to you Sir!

Yes Sir! I'll get right on this. Thanks so much for your suggestions. All of them. I guess I am all set now. Good luck with all your hi-tech goodies, and a happy tax season to you Sir!

Thank you sir! I will be driving the bus this year!!! I investigated all these things many months ago. The program still has issues, but what I am facing is not hardware related.