ATX Community

WI e-file with Homstead

Teri2414

Has anyone been able to e-file these yet? I keep getting an error saying the Sch H needs a rent cert or prop tax..which are there (even deleted and recreated the) and even created and attached pdf it prompted me to (ATX MAX). Still no go.

Hi Teri........have not tried one yet, so no help here. If one comes in today, will try it right away and let you know.

I did manage to create and send one now...waiting for the ack now....good luck to you:)

Teri......this is the return that is haunting me. Last night after the update that error message went away about PDF attaching the property tax receipt. Tonight it is back and nothing I do gets rid of it. I duplicated the return; deleted the old one, updated, and am pulling out my hair. Finally just went ahead and filed the Fed and will try to fix the WI. Any ideas?

I have not figured it out, but have another one coming up soon so am hoping that Tues update does something. I actually ended up checking the box at the top of the Sch H which says "Do not include this form in the e-file." Then the error went away. I filed the State without the H and am having the client mail that part in.

At one point, I even tried to create the PDFs of the H and rent credit even though I had no clue what I was doing. Am sure I did something wrong because I added more than 1000KB to the size of the return file and it still would not go. Ended up duplicating the file and deleting the original. I deleted all of the H forms and put them back in clean. I wasted two days trying to figure out how to file a $40 Homestead Claim return. I can't charge this 84 year old lady for something that is not her fault. So, if I have trouble with the next one, I will file the Fed and WI and have the client mail the Homestead. I will furnish the envelope and stamp. Her Fed and WI returns did go through without it and I have ACKs for both. Woe is me!