ATX Community

Main Street Tax Solutions (Taxwise) $350

Crank

I installed the software today and it works quite well. A bit of a learning curve but after a few returns I am certain that I will get the hang of it.

All of the business modules as well as free e filing comes with the package.

Tom Hughes is not related to Doug Hughes!

My efin was fine.

Now we can all get some shuteye.

Mike Dubin CPA

That is very good news that your EFIN was not restricted by CCH and you guys are back in business. You got a very good deal, so now all you got to do is crank out returns to pay for this unexpected expense!

Glad everyone's having success! It's been an incredible hassle, so it's nice to see that things are finally settling down.

Just wanted to post here that the info I got from my reseller (SureFire) is that they purchase the TaxWise license at ~$500, so MainStreet must be taking a loss this year by offering it at $350 in the interest of locking in customers long term (with a $700 renewal price).

If anybody can't get in to MainStreet at this point (they haven't returned my calls), I've found the SureFire people to be very pleasant to deal with, and their renewal price is below MainStreet's. If you do go with SureFire, please send me a message beforehand, so I can give you the extension of the person I spoke with there.

Post me message in this forum with name and email. I will email you promotion code $399 for Taxwise included all business and individual taxes with free efling. You don't need to call in and beging for the discount with main street solution.

Just place the order in website and enter the promotion code.

• Like 1

Friends at the risk of repeating myself, please be vigilant when you are dealing with resellers. No one sells below their cost with the hope to get you back for renewals! Remember TRX was also a reseller for Taxworks!

If you are just concerned about this year, go for the best deal you can grab! BUT for long term commitment with a particular software, you will be better off in the long term to avoid risk by dealing with the software publisher directly. Look Taxworks is giving refunds to its users who want out!

Taxed, I am using Taxwise to preparing a few tax returns within the states for business and individuals. and all efilings are ackowledge.

Poeple who used TRX do not want to pay thousands price. They are seeking for lower price with quality tax sofware.

Up to now, promotion code for TAXwise with price $399 almost giving out. FIFO.

Friends at the risk of repeating myself, please be vigilant when you are dealing with resellers. No one sells below their cost with the hope to get you back for renewals! Remember TRX was also a reseller for Taxworks!

If you are just concerned about this year, go for the best deal you can grab! BUT for long term commitment with a particular software, you will be better off in the long term to avoid risk by dealing with the software publisher directly. Look Taxworks is giving refunds to its users who want out!

I suppose I need to go somewhere else to start griping about TaxWise, huh? It's of course much better than TaxExact, but seriously, I'm finding it pretty deficient, especially in the local/city forms department. I'm buying Drake at the end of tax season. I've had it. I've wasted WAY too much time on crappy software this year.

TaxOr,

Im really liking Taxwise after only using it for two days. Sure its different from ATX & TaxWorks but I think I have it down and by my fifth return was moving as fast as when I used the other two programs.

Im in Pa so we have Local taxing authorities. TaxWise uses the same approach as TaxWorks. A generic local form that pulls info from the Pa. state. It has done just fine requiring only minor adjustments as most info flows properly.

The only gripe I have is that it is missing one PA form, Pa-8879 which is of course the state version of the federal 8879. But Pa. has another form, pa-8453 which is similar and can get the job done. However, I am completely preplexed as to why Taxwise doesnt have the Pa-8879 and tech support couldnt answer the question and all the developers said is that its not in the program. No idea if its coming in an update either.

I posted a question about the form on the Taxwise forum a few hours ago but havent received any replies.

Overall, at this point Im very satisfied with TaxWise. And the proformas have worked very well too. And tech support responses have been quick, but they were only basic functionality questions.

For people doing a limited number of returns, TaxWise will probably do fine. For me, not so much. But I'm going to wait until after tax season to switch.

They simply don't have a couple of very basic local/city Oregon forms, and they've said they won't be added this year. There's no import from Excel functionality. The print process is user-unfriendly - why can't I just check boxes for the forms I want to print, like you can in every other tax program I've used? Why is there no basic instructions sheet for filing each federal/state/local return? Why does basic info not proforma from year to year - estimated taxes, bank acct info, etc? Why don't names, addresses, and SSNs flow to various state and local forms? (I end up having to retype these several times on every business return!)

Whatever. It'll do for this year. I only paid $650, so I can't be too unhappy. I'm not putting up with this kind of crap (especially missing forms!) next year. Consider this not necessarily a rant against TaxWise (or TaxExact, or whoever), but a rant against my own stubborness/reluctance to just up and pay for a decent, full-featured tax program. I've learned my lesson.

TaxOR, sorry to hear your having some issues with Taxwise.

Ive found that setting up the basic forms and selections in the (master form defaults) saves a lot of time inputting repettive items. Of course the bank info not carrying in the proforma is a hassle. Most info ive seen has transfered.

For printing, it is limited to filing copies, taxpayer coy, electronic documents but if there is anything you need that wasnt in the print job you can always print a selected form by right clicking on it, Not as efficient as checking which forms to print though

I have only done efiles so I dont know what the form instructions look like on the mailed returns, but the efiles look acceptable to me.

I havent had a return where basic name, ss havent flowed to fed, state & local forms. Havent done a bus return yet, but they are coming.

I havent got to the point of needing to import items so it news to me. I have a few I could use that function with.

Overall for $350 to save my butt this year and a quick learning curve Im satisfied. At least its a viable option with ATX and Taxworks not up to par.

Next year is another story.

Crank the instruction letter that comes with it is basic. It does have the ability to customize it to add extra verbage. Print one out and you may want to change it abit to make it more business looking. You MUST save any custom letters under a separate filename and then modify your defaults to use that otherwise it will pick the default letter and you will not be able to fix that until you have printed a set.

I changed their default print sets with the forms that I normally include in the taxpayer package (I don't put all the worksheets in the taxpayer package, just the important ones that they can follow).

On the print side if you have a non HP printer that uses a modified PCL language (some Brother and Lexmark models do) you may see some garbled characters. There is a option to print in classc mode. It is a bit slower but works with older printers.

Guys,

Have you heard of http://onedesktax.com

Try the software for 1 complete Tax Year without the pressure of payment.. I got my software installed and activated same day.. I am doing my client returns and my hostage situation with TRX is over... Special Thanks to Niomi @ OneDeskTax, she was great..

Call or download Desktop software.. They will activate free software same day. 888.412.9510

I am fairly happy withTaxwise, especially with support. My biggest complaint is the Efiling system.I still have not figured out how to print an ACK. It is very cumbersome compared to other systems.

They really saved the day and I had no Efin problems. I did buy from Mainstreet Tax Solutions and I guess I'll worry about next year NEXT year.

Taxwise EFC is not as user friendly as Taxworks that we were used to.

To print an ACK in Taxwise log in as Admin or the preparer name that prepared the return and go to Reports on the menu and then Acknowledgements. You can sort it by IRS or State or by date received. Click on it and you will see it and it has a radio button on it to print it.

Before you do the above you must go to the communication menu and click on Get Acknowledgements, Updates etc.

Onedesk is not charging you to use it professional 1040 and business tax software, they provide free same day remote installation and activation of your tax year 2012. All 1st year clients try it FREE.. There is no contract/payment or commitment required.

You get unlimited e-filing all States. You can download and install our call tech support for remote installation same day.

You are not required to sign a contract, TREE it FREE

Download Desktop and call to activate for FREE 888-412-9510

I have been having trouble getting tech support today at Main Street. Everytime I called I had to leave a message and still have not heard back from them after about 6 hours. What number is everyone calling? I have the number on their website 877-220-0193. I emailed the tech (Pam x024#) who helped with setup and I got a response that she will call me in a few minutes - that was a few hours ago.

They were very responsive last week.

So I'm done for this year but I'm thinking of next year.

I see on their website a desktop and web based both $995. then sunder it they list some additional products; one of them is

Fixed Asset Manager $249. I’m thinking that is required for depreciation.

So next year’s price if it stays the same will be $1,244.

Tax Works does the same thing… they have a business package but it doesn’t do depreciation so you have to buy a add on.

What business doesn’t have assets and have depreciation???

Why can’t any of these companies be straight forward.

Think about it, it is just another way to add on an additional fee to make money. With that said, a fixed asset manager is a huge program. Do you need that or not? Does the program do depreciation without the fixed asset manager? Again, I'll refer you to TaxSlayer Pro. They do have a depreciation module that tracks the depreciation from year to year. I guess you could call it a fixed asset manager cause it will allow you to record the disposition of the asset as well. All one price.