ATX Community

Why some of us are having issues, while some of us are not?

Pacun

I installed the program late december and then I went on vacation, I did my first updates around Jan 10. I don't have any major issues. I DO NOT USE CLIENT LETTERS OR ANY OTHER FANCY THINGS.

How about you? When did you install, when did you do your first update and how are you doing? Please DO NOT elaborate on the issues since this post is to see if there is something we can learn for next year.

I was wondering the same thing. I am noticing some of the annoyances (slowness, occasional memory leak that eats up RAM) with ATX 2012 12.5 on my stand alone XP machine, but I have never experience the major issues that others have and are experiencing. I installed first week of January updated to 12.2, 12.3, skipped 12.4 and updated to 12.5. I wonder if we will find at some poibt that the problem is with a specific OS, other installed software, Network setup, etc.

Just knocking on wood here!

I am in agreement with Janitor Bob. I did not purchase my software until 1/10/2013 because last year my rep told me that ATX was going to be updated and I might want to wait until all of the "bugs" were corrected. Well I remember that and did as she suggested.....however, my Max program was fine, I could "rollover" returns, complete them and everything and also set up my network laptop computer.

Everything was A-OK until the 12.5 update and its been a problem since. I have tried installing all

of the so call "fixes" that ATX has on its website--but here I sit and am loosing money because of this update. I don't blame everyone for wanting to leave--I've been with this company since the days of the "SABRE" roar and have never seen it this bad. I can only hope that the programmers get their act together and soon.

I have not had any problems either BUT I have not yet installed 12.5. installed from disc about 20th of January. don't remember if I updated past the disc....... I can't efile yet because of 12.5 but am holding off until I see a better fix coming at least I can work on the files and my clients at this point will wait until next week. But I hope by Tuesday we are up and running. Seems like everyone is having problems after updating to 12.5

I'm like Pacun; I installed the disk when I got it in December, rolled over my return, and noticed (as I expected) that there weren't any forms to speak of included. I did holiday stuff, and didn't open it again until the second week of January when I got a request to do a FAFSA draft. Checked in every couple of days to see if I had the forms I needed to do it.

I've been running fine, with no issues that aren't user error.

Also, I downloaded the 12.5 update from the website AFTER the masses clogged up the download process (late Monday afternoon, pacific time), and then ran it. Didn't use the internal feature.

Raven, did you have any issues with the download of the update? Some people seem to have only gotten a partial download if they were trying to do it when ATX was running out of bandwidth. Redownloading & installing seems to have helped some of them.

• Like 1

I have not had any problems since updating to 12.5.Rollover is fast, calculating is fast and opening is pretty decent. I have not printed anything, because I want to watch some videos and read the manual a bit. I haven't decided what to do about client letters, since I really don't want to start from scratch and don't have the extra time to cut and paste. I found out that I have to log in as Admin to do most anything. I'm not really sure why that is, because I made the user name an admin, but I'm not going to mess around with it now. I have a stand alone Windows Pro 64 bit with 12 mg RAM and run AVG antivirus and malwarebytes.

I did the 12.5 update from the website after hours and it ran well--so not that's not the problem. I just check out my system again and it will let in, review the rolled over return, but will not let me touch it. Nor will the system let me go back to any other returns that I previously put in. An error message regarding a "networking" error and that it want me to run the software I guess on the laptop as well. Because of all of the problems, I put my laptop away and decided not to touch networking issues until the software is fixed and more stable. I also have problems with the "ADMIN" features to do almost anything with the software. I finally review the new manual and found that section regarding this and will make those corrections once the software works and stops cutting off. As I stated before--if I am loosing money and I bet my bottom dollar that all of us on this board are--and I sure it's more that ATX!!!

I installed on 12/12/12. I believe I opened a dummy return at that time, input taxpayer demographics and a Roth IRA distribution to test that calc. That calc had errors, began to doubt myself, ran same in 2011 and got correct answer. I figured a lot of the forms and calcs were prelim and didn't worry about it.

Once or twice between initial install and mid Jan I opened it and manually ran an update. During that time I tested my capability to connect to the server using their test transmission. Each time I opened the program to look around I did run a manual update. I was noticing all along about the updated number of forms not matching the total and the % of update would say something like 98% or 102% complete. I didn't try to do anything toward preparing a return with it until last week. Last week I rolled over mom's return and entered 3 basic Sch B entries, I created a dummy return in 2011 and rolled it over, and I created a new dummy return in 2012, all to give the program a test drive. I never did try any printing, I was really just poking around in it and getting used to the feel and changes in preferences. Everything was working for me until Monday with the 12.5 update when it all went to hell.

I'm running Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit, if that is helpful. I've heard that the people having the most problems are on Win 7, not sure if that's true or not.

Installed from disk approx jan 10th. Program would not open. Updated 12.1, would not open. Updated 12.2 and 12.3, still would not open. Updated 12.4, program would open, but with the first key pressed it shut down. Updated 12.5, program has been working fine. Printing speedy, opening OK, rolling over ok....

Win 7, 64 bit, 8gb ram, standalone.

I downloaded mine from ATX on Jan 22nd and all seemed well. Rollover was ok but just the lag time on opening returns gets me. Updated to 12.5 and everything moved a little quicker, but still a bit jumpy from screen to screen. Oh well, already started the season work so have to deal with ya know.... :blush:

I installed on the server and one workstation in December, played with very little because so few forms available. Installed on other workstations early January, installed each update as it came out. We have not had the major problems I see on here. Couple of returns would not open after rollover, fixed with 12.5 update. Slow to open the first time I open a newly rolled over return. Getting used to the new print manager. We are networked, and I replaced the server over the summer, and all workstations are fairly new (within 2 years) and running Win 7 Pro or Ultimate. Server runs SBS 2011.

• Like 1

I am having the random 'network update' and 'program stopped woring' errors frequently..sometimes have to reopen the program 4-5 times to complete a return. Had an issue with WI state now requiring pdfs attached for credit. That appears to have been solved - I was at least able to create and transmit the return. Even with all the glitches I have been able to complete returns and have over 65 efiles transmitted and accepted. I have noticed that acks are coming back very quickly. I installed from CD in Dec and updated when it was available. I do agree that 12.5 seems worse than 12.4 was. I've only had 1 rollover I couldn't open. Running Windows 7 home, McAffe antivirus. So while I'm abit frustrated with the product so far this year; I'm not quite ready to jump ship - especially when my calendar is already full for the next week.