ATX Community

Has anyone been able to complete and e-file a simple return?

the boss

I haven't been able to get that far...apparently one cannot delete or change proforma'd dependents without an override, which blocks the efile. I have a client waiting...supposedly last night's update fixed this...except that it didn't. It's a simple return...what gives?

I efiled a simple return today and it was accepted. I'm in TX and do very few state returns (so I haven't had to deal with that yet).

I did still have an overrided in the locality part of the sales tax, but the ack did show the correct refund.

I didn't e-file it yesterday because I never e-file the first day. I like to wait and see how IRS does with the inital onslaught.

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1

The one with EIC rejected with the following:

F1040-013 If Form 1040, Line 64a 'EICEligibilityLiteralCd' has the value 'NO', then Line 64a 'EarnedIncomeCreditAmt' must be equal to zero or not be present. XPath : /efile:Return/efile:ReturnData/efile:IRS1040/efile:EarnedIncomeCreditAmt DataValue : 2093

Anyone have any advise?

Give up and go to another software company before you drive youself insane. You'll worry about every return and when they get rejected you'll spend an excessive amount of time trying to figure out whats wrong, clients refunds will be later than expected and the rest just snowballs from there.

Working through returns on my new software I was questioning a number (I had entered last years state refund incorrectly in the worksheet) and I had a flashback. Imagine how often you'd be questioning numbers with Tax Exact. Honestly, I wouldn't trust they printed my phone number correctly.

I haven't been able to get that far...apparently one cannot delete or change proforma'd dependents without an override, which blocks the efile. I have a client waiting...supposedly last night's update fixed this...except that it didn't. It's a simple return...what gives?

Same problem,but my efile was rejected. How confusing!

Back to support,

Alot of us have done exactly as you. I hung in there longer than some, tried to remain positive and even made several attempts to stand behind Doug. While I haven't done the official refund request yet, I did e-mail him and as of 3:00 this afternoon, I haven't received a response. I haven't asked for anything that others here haven't asked before me. Nothing special expected but if we gave it a fair shot and some longer than others, the only fair thing for us is to issue us a refund. Or at the very least, we should expect some type of response from Doug as to what position he is goin to take with us.

The one with EIC rejected with the following:

F1040-013 If Form 1040, Line 64a 'EICEligibilityLiteralCd' has the value 'NO', then Line 64a 'EarnedIncomeCreditAmt' must be equal to zero or not be present. XPath : /efile:Return/efile:ReturnData/efile:IRS1040/efile:EarnedIncomeCreditAmt DataValue : 2093

Anyone have any advise?

I also got this rejection code...Have you found a solution?

How are you handling state e-files. I think only the first 10 states are alive on that darn software?? I don't think they have any intentions to make the rest of the state e-files alive. I think they skipped town. Tried to call the phone just rings, can't do Chat on the website so I think they are ready or already closed shop and skipped town! May be enjoying the sunny South America???

I've been sending off line messages and getting a quick response. No, no more states ready as of this morning. I've been telling people that if I have to, I will hand-deliver them to the State office, which is just a few blocks from where I live. I have a small (125) clientele, have known all of them for many years, and they trust me. I've worked with them over the years, so state is pretty much on the money, and there are no big refunds or tax due, so no one is worried about state.