ATX Community

Just In Time!

Crank

Until yesterday, when I only had TRX's nonfunctuional TaxExact I only had two client returns on deck. Within the first hour this morning I fielded five client calls who will be dropping off their tax information today.

Thankfully I have Main Street Tax Solution's version of Taxwise up and running and can confidently tell my clients that except for the IRS delayed forms I am up and running and will able to prepare their 2012 Federal, State, Local & Business returns.

That was close ... no thanks to TRX.

I made the jump this morning to TaxSlayer Pro. The sales rep, Byron Allen, said if I could get the conversion data to them they would have me working this evening by the time I open up at 6pm. I looked at the demo last night and it's not going to be hard to learn. I hope that most of the data converts (which it looks like it will). It will take me about 12 clients to get the money back, but aleady have 8 in the last 2 days waiting to start so by this time next week the software should be paid for.

So long TRX!!!! If I hear about people getting refunds (which I highly doubt at this point) then I'll look to go to the effort. Otherwise, I'm just going to get to work and make it up by taking on 4 or 5 more easy clients.