ATX Community

FREE 2012 1040/business Tax Software ?

danwil

Hello Guys,

I recently found out that Onedesktax.com offers
1040 and Business Tax Software Free to all 1st year clients.

They gave me both Web and Desktop Version for Free.

My Cousin told me about them, no credit card was required.

They I just Download the Desktop software below, installed it
call them and they activated my tax 2012 account.

I got unilimited E-filing and Bank products..For FREE

Here is website http://onedesktax.com/

I downloaded Desktop Version here: ---> OneDesk Tax Softwares(Tax year 2012 web and Desktop versions)

• Like 1

No one gives free tax prep software. there has to be a catch! Caution, Caution!

Worst if these are identity thieves fishing for a mother load of personal data!!!!

Would you do free tax returns if someone knocked at your door!

They are reselling OLTPRO.

Maybe ultra basic online only returns are free.

Have serious doubts they are giving away the desktop software.

What he links to is the download for the DEMO. The Demo isn't the type where you can just add a purchase number and all of a sudden you have working software. Or at least it wasn't when I downloaded OLTPRO.

Anyone posting the EXACT SAME THING multiple times is spaming.

Well I find it really hard to believe that anyone would think that we would jump at something like this after being duped as bad as we have from TRX. We are professional NON-STUPID people. Personally, I am done with resellers and will stick with the original company. My business and clients are more important to me than that. One thing that TRX, TaxExact, Doug Huges has done for me is educate me to be careful with crooks like them. I decided to look into the history of TaxEact software. There is a website that is just for TaxExact with I believe a variation of the phone number used to call TRX. I called the number and was thanked for calling TaxExact and while on hold listened to the same music as TRX. So, they are one in the same. Refund policy, cancellation policy all the same but under a different cover. I thought maybe there was a parent company to contact but apparently there is not.

First of all, the site doesn't say the software is free. It says you can set up a free TRIAL ACCOUNT for the demo.

Doesn't give any pricing information which I hate. I absolutely hate when companies force you to call and receive pricing because you know they aren't locked into pricing. It's like buying a car, they'll discount to some, not to others based upon who cries the loudest and longest.

Doesn't give a physical address of their company anywhere.

I like OLTPRO - this is freaky.

Hello Guys,

I recently found out that Onedesktax.com offers

1040 and Business Tax Software Free to all 1st year clients.

They gave me both Web and Desktop Version for Free.

My Cousin told me about them, no credit card was required.

They I just Download the Desktop software below, installed it

call them and they activated my tax 2012 account.

I got unilimited E-filing and Bank products..For FREE

Here is website http://onedesktax.com/

I downloaded Desktop Version here: ---> OneDesk Tax Softwares(Tax year 2012 web and Desktop versions)

All of Dan's posts are spamming this advertisement!

Stop spamming our board Dan!

Hi this is no SCAM or SPAM call them directly.

They are OLT PRO based and you get to try for FREE 1st year

Unlimited E-filing, 1040 Business All States Packages included

The Web and Desktop Tax software is FREE to all 1st year client.

You can also convert trx client base...

CAll Them 888.412.9510

Never knew this forum existed after I started experiencing TRX issues. This is horrible, I am at lost for words for what is happening. I joined this forum to see what was going on and if anyone had any issues. I found onedesktax prior to this forum and have had their software installed since the later part of December. They offered the software free because I beta tested; however I still was unsure so I still decided to pay for TRX since I have been using them. The software is OLT based and I did not have to provide them with a credit card information which is good. I also referred a few of my CPA colleagues and they have been using the software with no issues. I was really skeptical at first but the software seems fine and I have access to 1040, business and all states. I have clients waiting for their refunds now and cannot wait for TRX so I will be trying out onedesk until TRX sort their issues out. Will continue posting and so happy I found this forum.

I downloaded the demo for OLT PRO several weeks ago. It may be OK it you're mostly doing simple returns.

No supporting worksheets for property taxes or mortgage interest on Schedule A, so you would have add things together

on your calculator then enter the total. Then there were several more complex issues that the program didn't handle correctly.

I sent an email to the sales rep with my questions. She said she would get back to me and never did.

CBSLEE,

I just completed a full return and onedesk provided me with complimentary training. The software is pretty easy to use. I did complete a schedule A and did not have to use a calculator, I haven't downloaded OLTPRO to compare apples to apples but I was able to enter a worksheet for both property and mortgage interest. The return looks good and seems right. I transmitted and the IRS already accepted---I am happy right now--not sure how I will feel later once I get into more complicated returns

I downloaded the demo for OLT PRO several weeks ago. It may be OK it you're mostly doing simple returns.

No supporting worksheets for property taxes or mortgage interest on Schedule A, so you would have add things together

on your calculator then enter the total.

That's not true. Double click on the entry field and the spreadsheet pops up making breakdown of numbers with information possible.

Well I find it really hard to believe that anyone would think that we would jump at something like this after being duped as bad as we have from TRX. We are professional NON-STUPID people. Personally, I am done with resellers and will stick with the original company. My business and clients are more important to me than that. One thing that TRX, TaxExact, Doug Huges has done for me is educate me to be careful with crooks like them. I decided to look into the history of TaxEact software. There is a website that is just for TaxExact with I believe a variation of the phone number used to call TRX. I called the number and was thanked for calling TaxExact and while on hold listened to the same music as TRX. So, they are one in the same. Refund policy, cancellation policy all the same but under a different cover. I thought maybe there was a parent company to contact but apparently there is not.

Terry you and i are on the same page with this one! TRX was also a reseller. If you get burned again by a reseller you were forewarned. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

TRX is following the same modus operandi of people who change name and move locations. Why do you think they have so many companies with overlapping ownership. You just change the name of the softawre. As it is TRX and TaxExact are clones except for the opening screen!

You are correct with the cloned software. The phone numbers for each company are only a few digits off and I agree some companies do these things but sooner or later it all catches up. I just want to know how they sleep at night? I know how I do it, I ensure that all of my bills are paid, am not afraid to answer my phone or go to teh mailbox, all taxes are paid and to the best of my knowledge I can sleep with a clear conscience that I didn't screw anybody over oo took advantage or anyone, Well, at least not intentionally and if I have, indirectly offended anyone, I will right my wrong immediately. I guess its called living by the golden rule, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I don't think Doug and the TRX gang did this on purpose but what I do know is, he needs to man up and accept the responsibility for this fiasco and right his wrong. Sometimes even the best intentions go horribly wrong. You learn from it and make sure you don't do it again. That doesn't seem to be the case here.

Terry you and i are on the same page with this one! TRX was also a reseller. If you get burned again by a reseller you were forewarned. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me!

TRX is following the same modus operandi of people who change name and move locations. Why do you think they have so many companies with overlapping ownership. You just change the name of the softawre. As it is TRX and TaxExact are clones except for the opening screen!

Hi TAXED, I can understand your concern due to past experience. On the other hand I am very happy I could Try the software for 1 complete Tax Year without the pressure of payment.. I got my software installed and activated same day.. I am doing my client returns and my hostage situation with TRX is over... Special Thanks to Niomi @ OneDeskTax, she was great..

No more reseller stuff for me either. I'm extremely happy with Taxslayer Pro. After the first return, I've able to breeze through simple returns in about 15 minutes. My Taxslayer Pro rep told me the TaxExact basically went belly up because it was a bad program. Found the comment below whne googling TaxExact software reviews:

"TaxExact have apparently closed their doors. Their website is no longer available, and they are unreachable as of February 2009."

website: http://www.taxexact.com/ You can really see the similarities. Guess that's where our money is now.

Look I have nothing against resellers personally! I am looking at the business model to make some sense. A reseller gets a wholesale discount for the software from the publisher and then they pass on the saving to the end user in the form of a lower subscription than the original publishers list price.

The publisher of the software (CCH, Redgear ec.) requires the reseller to provide account management, billing and technical support to the end user who buy it from them. Now to do all this it costs a lot of money and resources. Some resellers may have enough staff to do that, others wing it. I remember talking to a reseller where i could hear the TV in the background and his kids laughing!

Also the biggest uncertainity is how long they will be able to offer that discount. As I said before the publisher can yank their contract or discount and if you have paid the reseller in advance for next years software and they go belly up, you will be in the same situation that we find ourselves with TRX this year.

So it depends how much you want to gamble with your money!

They are afraid to provide physical address in their website. how trustable this company?

They are liars. Obviously cut and pasting their message over and over in the same threads but then trying to say it's not spamming = liar.

They could have easily generated a thread making a realistic offer and probably acquired a bunch of clients (maybe even me next season). Now, zero chance because I know their business model is built on being a liar.

This onedesktax website didn't exist last tax season.

No clue what they would have beta'd last year since OLTPRO (desktop) has been around at least 5 years.

OLT has been around FAR longer than that.

This entire line of posts is full of cra%.

Well Roberts I did not know about OLTPRO until OneDesk cold call me last year, so for your information I was beta testing the software. Frankly, half these companies I did not know existed. The company does not call themselve OLTPRO, they call it ONEDESK. Regardless of its existence and your perceptions, I found this forum to vent my fustrations about TRX....NOT sure what your problem is. I am not telling you to go and buy a product you don't know. I am just telling members of this forum what I am using. I am so sorry you feel this way but I am happy now and not sitting around waiting for Doug to refund me or release the full version of the software. I have clients in need of my services and that is what I am providing. I don't care who OneDesk is and how long they have been around, I got it free and I am on my way to make my seasonal money. This will be over in a few months but I am not going to turn my clients away. I find that OneDesk works and I already put 15 returns that have been accepted by the IRS. As long as I am making money and my clients are happy, I have no complaints. A software is a software and in my opinion they all perform the same function. So you can think this is cra%, I think it is making my business survive. You should do the same--unless you have no clients or unless your waiting for TRX to deliver you a GREAT product...which is not going to HAPPEN. I am angry too but you shouldn't degrade someone else's product or post. We are all on this forum to vent our fustrations and whether you approve or not is not my business. You have to find a product that works for you. Currently ONEDESK works for me and until I can do better I will. So if you can afford CCH and Proseries or Drake or OLTPRO then go for it. Good luck!!!!

Yeah, 3 people all joined TODAY to inform us of how wonderful a website product that is "free". I've seen at least 2 different excuses for how it's "free". Not buying any of this.

Didn't say it was wonderful, all I said is I didn't pay for it....not sure if you posted that they are OLT based, after I read that post I checked out OLT and it is the same product just labeled differently. I am a little more confident that they are reselling an established/known product. I am happy with their service and also the product so I feel better today. Thanks for the info on OLTPRO----made me feel much better to be using a trusted product. Just hope I can get through tthis season without any hiccups. I just want to make sure my returns get accepted by the IRS and my clients get their refunds.