ATX Community

FREE 2012 1040/business Tax Software ?

danwil

Is there any way to verify where the info that you send/efile really goes? I mean if we don't even know who owns it and its new how can you know they are not just there to steal personal info. It might be a stupid question, but I could not send off personal info of clients and not really know for sure who is on the receiving end.

I think Danwil is an agent for this company otherwise he would not be pushing so hard on this forum. I still can't figure out how a legit business will give out free software without any commitment. He says no credit card required. So what stops people going there each year to get free software?

Have you guys been able to use that free taxprep software on your desktop and e-filed Fed and states without any rejects??

I just started using the onedesk pro tax and have sent my returns through, I did about 30 already. We do not have state returns here in FL but they were all accepted except for a few that were rejected but due to my error. I corrected my errors and resubmitted and within a minute they were accepted. The software seems okay so far---will be using it this season because I have no other choice. Will look into other options in May.

I think Danwil is an agent for this company otherwise he would not be pushing so hard on this forum. I still can't figure out how a legit business will give out free software without any commitment. He says no credit card required. So what stops people going there each year to get free software?

well I cannot speak for the company but most other companies will use the PTIN or EFIN to identify tax preparers, so I am assuming they will use that to identify us.

Those of you who purchased Taxwise from resellers, do you get a Customer ID and Password that allows you to log in to the Taxwise Solution Center??

Do you get an ID to log in to Intelliconnect (online Tax research) or are you forced to use F1 and Shift F1 for any help??

You guys are CPAs and tax professionals. How could you expect to get something for nothing! That is precisely the difference between buying Taxwise from a reseller and CCH. With the reseller you get what you pay for and you take your chances hoping that he is still in business the following year after collecting advance payment for the software renewal.

I can tell you right now the F1 and Shift F1 (IRS Pdfs) don't cut the mustard for me. I used Checkpoint before until they kept on increasing the fees. Intelliconnect that comes with my subscription is similar (though not as robust, in my opinion).

In my opinion if you are in this business and you call yourself a professional, you all need some research tool to answer those odd ball questions that are not covered in IRS pubs directly. I used to by Taxbooks, Kiplinger's and you name it in hardcopy. Online is much better, especially when you can markup and e-mail directly to the client or their attorney etc.

Lynn does Parker research have a demo or trial subscription? Do you have their website or e-mail??

I am not at the computer where my tax software is, but I do believe that TaxSlayer Pro comes with the Tax Book. I have an icon for it in the program but haven't tried to use it yet.

>>>>>>I corrected my errors and resubmitted and within a minute they were accepted.<<<<<> Don't believe this MEF is fast but usually most acceptances are given within 30 minutes. Just more crap. I did check the ondesk stuff and they do offer the free demo again, you get what you pay for. This wouldn't work for me.

Thanks Lynn, yes they do have a trial period BUT they want you to buy the subscription first then they say money back guarantee? I just wanted to compare it with CCH that I have now?? What I do is use the same keyword or query (cut and paste) and see what results the search engine returns by relavance.

OK, I called onedesk tax. I spoke with Daniel his direct number is 561-900-0401 He downloaded the software and he did a screen share with and spent about an hour showing me how to use the program.

I just efiled my first NJ return. TRX cannot even tell me when they will have NJ available.

They gave me the full 1040 and Business for free with unlimited efiling.

I think this is a smart business move, they know there are a lot of us out here that needs a new software provider. If the program is good after using it for one season they know we will be back next year. It's a great way to build/explode your client base. And it just got me out of a big jam.

I recomend giving it a try.

I spoke with Daniel his direct number is 561-900-0401

Here is the problem with all the posts about onedesk claiming how great they are. 1. Everyone that posts as a new person to this board. Yes, we can see that.

2. Nothing that is this good can be free.

3. If you were truely a frustrated TRX user, you would be skeptical as are the rest of us.

Now, a real testament to the software would be one of us who has been here for five plus years that has received the deal you speak of, and can boast about it. Until that happens, it is just spam.

They want our business and they are giving us everything for FREE!!!!

Interesting business model. I'll bet it's all about the volume. The more they give away the less it matters.

Notice how DanWil was the first person to continuously post this junk and now we are supposed to call Daniel? But none of the other posters are Dan, that would be too obvious.

OK, I called onedesk tax. I spoke with Daniel his direct number is 561-900-0401 He downloaded the software and he did a screen share with and spent about an hour showing me how to use the program.

I just efiled my first NJ return. TRX cannot even tell me when they will have NJ available.

They gave me the full 1040 and Business for free with unlimited efiling.

I think this is a smart business move, they know there are a lot of us out here that needs a new software provider. If the program is good after using it for one season they know we will be back next year. It's a great way to build/explode your client base. And it just got me out of a big jam.

I recomend giving it a try.

I spoke with Daniel his direct number is 561-900-0401

So happy to see someone else using the product. Seems fine to me so far. I have maybe 56 returns transmitted and accepted. What do you think about the product? Have all your returns been accepted? It is sad to see everyone bashing this onedesk company but I understand being burnt by TRX, I was burnt too. If you are like me, I just want to get through this season.

I understand why they offer all first time clients their product free. It is hard to sell a name that many of us do not know. By doing this, they are offering us to use the product and see if we like it as most of us are comfortable using our old software. So that is why I think they offer it for FREE (its called Marketing). When I started out, I charged less than nothing to prepare taxes until I built up my clientele. Now I have over 300 clients that trust me and will pay me higher fees because they know I have done them well in the past. I think onedesk uses the same business model. So far, I have no complaints about the product and until this day they still have not asked me for a credit card or sent me a contract to promise to pay or lock me in. And for those who claim only new people are praising the company, I didn't even know this forum existed because I never had a problem with TRX until now. I am happy to be a part of this forum because I have proof for my bank to issue me a refund. They say different stroked for different folks....many prefer to go directly to source. I am using an OLT product with a different label FOR FREE...I am sure alot of you have heard of OLTPro and whether you like OLT product or not is your business. I have no regrets giving onedesk the chance. Thank you onedesk!!!!!