ATX Community

FREE 2012 1040/business Tax Software ?

danwil

This is the last time I will give you any attention. Boca Tax, Danwil, mrichman33 in my opinion are the same person. All of you claim fantastic results, from the same product, within the same time frame and all started posting here on the same day. Am I the only that sees a pattern or problem here?

>>>>>Have all your returns been accepted?<<<<<< Yes, will absolute efficiency and I'm not using your product.

>>>>>I didn't even know this forum existed because I never had a problem with TRX until now.<<<<<< If you never had a problem with TRX you obviously weren't around before as we all have experienced one thing or another over the last four or five years. I bet you didn't even know how many times Doug has changed his company name over the last few years. Did you get your service bureau fees from him? No problems?? Seriously??

>>>>>>>>they offer it for FREE (its called Marketing)<<<<<< Deceptive marketing maybe. I have taken some marketing classes and have a very good friend who teaches marketing and giving the farm away wasn't one of the strategies that he teaches.

Enough said I hope. Let's talk taxes, and help each other get through this season as properous as possible. Geez let's move on :wall:

• Like 2

I'm new to the board because I didn't know about you till I googeled a problem about TRX.

here is a link to my webpage

www.TaxBreakToday.com

I have been preparing taxes for over 15 year.

I had doubts also, but TRX and Tax Works put me in a deep hole. I didn't want to spend more money on software before I had time to test it at a relaxed pace. I had clients waiting for their taxes, I sent one home with their Fed. only and told them I would have their state soon. The look on his face said I won't be back next year.

So I figured I can do free.

This is the last time I will give you any attention. Boca Tax, Danwil, mrichman33 in my opinion are the same person. All of you claim fantastic results, from the same product, within the same time frame and all started posting here on the same day. Am I the only that sees a pattern or problem here?

>>>>>Have all your returns been accepted?<<<<<< Yes, will absolute efficiency and I'm not using your product.

>>>>>I didn't even know this forum existed because I never had a problem with TRX until now.<<<<<< If you never had a problem with TRX you obviously weren't around before as we all have experienced one thing or another over the last four or five years. I bet you didn't even know how many times Doug has changed his company name over the last few years. Did you get your service bureau fees from him? No problems?? Seriously??

>>>>>>>>they offer it for FREE (its called Marketing)<<<<<< Deceptive marketing maybe. I have taken some marketing classes and have a very good friend who teaches marketing and giving the farm away wasn't one of the strategies that he teaches.

Enough said I hope. Let's talk taxes, and help each other get through this season as properous as possible. Geez let's move on :wall:

Why are you so angry Terry D?....NO ONE IS TELLING YOU TO GET ONEDESK

Not sure why you have a problem with the company offering their product free or for a fee. Regardless if you had to pay for it, I am sure you still wouldn't be so receptive. Whether Onedesk IS OWNED BY TRX OR DOUG, I have been e-filing and they were all accepted. The good thing is in my situation I paid nothing AND THEY NEVER ASKED ME FOR A CREDIT CARD OR ANYTHING PERSONAL. I even checked the IRS website "refund status" and they were all received by the IRS so in my opinion this is real and all my refunds have been accepted by the IRS.

Not sure why it is deceptive marketing allowing a person to try a product before they pay for it. Please answer what is deceptive about that. All I am saying is that you do not have to be so angry. A company wants to offer a product free so let it be. Onedesk was offered to me last year when a sales rep called me and I wasn't interested because I had already paid for TRX. If the company offers their product for free, it is NOT YOUR BUSINESS. My grandma tells me "IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY THEN DON'T SAY NOTHING." I cannot say if they will be around, which I hope they are because I surely will be paying for the software next year only when I see the demo. I got burnt once and cannot afford that again. If people want to try it then let them try it. We are on this forum to vent just like you are and I see Mrichmann33 provided a link to her website. This forum is not only for you or it wouldn't be public and then you have the nerve telling us we work for onedesk because we are sharing the software we are using. I am a tax preparer just like you Terry and I am happy you are e-filing just like the rest of us.

• Like 1

I was skeptical too, thought there had to some kind of a hitch. But TRX and Tax Wise but me in a bind and free was all I was able to afford.

I have been filing returns with no problems.

I built my client base by working cheap, a lot cheaper than anyone else. I think one desk sees a great opportunity here to pick up hundreds of new customers for next year.

I think it’s a smart business move, with all us TRX customers looking for new software they can swoop in and pick us all up.

Think about it.

Why are you so angry Terry D?....NO ONE IS TELLING YOU TO GET ONEDESK

Not sure why you have a problem with the company offering their product free or for a fee. Regardless if you had to pay for it, I am sure you still wouldn't be so receptive. Whether Onedesk IS OWNED BY TRX OR DOUG, I have been e-filing and they were all accepted. The good thing is in my situation I paid nothing AND THEY NEVER ASKED ME FOR A CREDIT CARD OR ANYTHING PERSONAL. I even checked the IRS website "refund status" and they were all received by the IRS so in my opinion this is real and all my refunds have been accepted by the IRS.

Not sure why it is deceptive marketing allowing a person to try a product before they pay for it. Please answer what is deceptive about that. All I am saying is that you do not have to be so angry. A company wants to offer a product free so let it be. Onedesk was offered to me last year when a sales rep called me and I wasn't interested because I had already paid for TRX. If the company offers their product for free, it is NOT YOUR BUSINESS. My grandma tells me "IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING GOOD TO SAY THEN DON'T SAY NOTHING." I cannot say if they will be around, which I hope they are because I surely will be paying for the software next year only when I see the demo. I got burnt once and cannot afford that again. If people want to try it then let them try it. We are on this forum to vent just like you are and I see Mrichmann33 provided a link to her website. This forum is not only for you or it wouldn't be public and then you have the nerve telling us we work for onedesk because we are sharing the software we are using. I am a tax preparer just like you Terry and I am happy you are e-filing just like the rest of us.

It took you 5 days to come up with this response. You not only are a bad spammer but you are also slow.

Bart,

I have work to do...this forum is not that important. I am not sure if you realize that it is tax season and I have clients in and out of my office. So I really don't sit on this forum everyday like some of you who have nothing else to do.

Sorry if my response took too long for you Bart....I will try to response faster next time when I get some free time:(

Yea, I laughed too....I guess Bart has nothing better to do but I do. Not going to sit on this forum everyday because I have work to do...I will try to respond sooner for Bart's sake

Then why do the majority of your posts have to do with trying to market the free software? I'm busy too, but my posts are generally different because I have better things to do then to repeat myself.

Then why do the majority of your posts have to do with trying to market the free software? I'm busy too, but my posts are generally different because I have better things to do then to repeat myself.

Cathy, my posts do not market the software....I feel bad everyone on here has nothing positive to say about the software I am using. I have nothing additional to comment on so I do not even come on here as often as you guys. I got a copy of the forum for my bank to get my money back for paying for TRX, so this forum has been really helpful. Everyone talks about the software they are using and it so happens that I am using this onedesk that everyone is skeptical about and I got it free. No sure why everyone thinks I am spamming, can't comprehend that. It just so happens the day I joined the forum is the same day I saw whoever advertised the free 1040 (this forum we are on now). With that said, I understand people are skeptical and I am not sure how I am marketing the software because I have yet to tell anyone to try it. I brag about getting it for free and that all my returns were accepted.

I would not classify that as marketing

If people are happy using it....good for them.

Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable using free software from an unknown company.

It' the "risk vs reward" syndrome. I'm not willing to risk my business just to save a few bucks.

You've said it better than I could.....I am comfortable using it so far without issues. I wasn't comfortable at first but I am using it and almost complete with all my returns and have had no issues.

• 4 weeks later...

Since this is thread is essentially about OLTPro and several of the posters are pretty obviously reselling the OLTPRO, maybe they have a voice in problems I've uncovered and can get them fixed.

1. third party authorization on the federal and state returns should pretty automatically be checked IMO. At least put a box to check both on the general information screen. It's worthless having to go into each 1040 and checking the box when 100% of my clients want this. Or under preferences offer a system wide entry.

2. Charitable contributions should be entered into a spreadsheet type format like they utilize for medical expenses. The current format is cumbersome.

3. State income tax paid doesn't flow properly if it includes estimated tax payments. They need to adjust that. Thankfully, I caught that on my first return that had estimated state taxes. It's only picking up state tax paid on 1099's and W-2's. edit: it doesn't flow to the schedule A properly. It flows to the state return properly. Woops.

4. If there is federal tax free interest or dividends, they should flag that on the state return for attention / verification IMO. A lot of times people have federal tax free bonds that are still taxable at the state level.

5. Applying your federal overpayment to the next year instead of receiving a refund should be a check box option also. Make it a checkbox so the figure adjusts with any changes in the return. Currently I enter a figure and then if I adjust the return any further I need to remember to adjust the refund figure. Cumbersome.

6. 1041 Grantor trust is almost worthless. Very easily could be fixed but they require manual transfer of figures to the letter and that basically prohibits e-filing the return. Not a major issue for me but seems like it could be a very easy fix.

• 3 weeks later...