ATX Community

KC - PLEASE ADD ULTIMATE TAX (TAXWISE) UNDER "OTHER VENDORS"

the boss

A lot of us went to Taxwise one form or another after the TRX fiasco, so it makes sense. I second that.

BTW How do you like Taxwise so far? It has its share of "tweaking" that you have to do especially in the area of Efiling. Not very easy like Taxworks!

Yes, its different than TaxWorks & ATX that I was used to but it appears do to the job even if a few extra key storkes and clue hunting are required to compete a return. Would it be my first choice, probably not, I really liked the previous versions of TaxWorks best, but it will do the job for this season. Who know what next season will hold.

If you're using Taxwise, please make sure update 6 got applied. My efile wasn't going through, so I called Tech Support and she had to run a repair on my installation, download the missing update, apply it, etc (I don't have all of the steps, she was using TeamViewer to do it all and I went to my laptop to 'play').

Im using Main St

If you're using Taxwise, please make sure update 6 got applied. My efile wasn't going through, so I called Tech Support and she had to run a repair on my installation, download the missing update, apply it, etc (I don't have all of the steps, she was using TeamViewer to do it all and I went to my laptop to 'play').

On Main Street Tax Solutions version of Taxwise go to the "client Login" Tab then the "Downloads" link to see downlaod available.

I agree to change the name or add another vendor section. I see some of you are having a littel difficulty with Taxwise. I have had no problems with TaxSlayer Pro other than some operator error due to not knowing how to do something. For example, how to delete a form from a return. I realize I may have paid more for TaxSlayer Pro than others did with Taxwise but the peace of mind is sure worth it.

I was able to Efile with update 5 (though got some rejects) BUT if you have installed update 6 you should be able to E-file. I have already E-filed over 70 returns by now.

Are you following the proper steps:

1) Run Diagnostics. If you get any red errors, fix them first.

2) Re Run Diagnostics until all errors are fixed.

3) Then click on create E-File. It will tell you in 30 secs. E-file created and stored on disk.

4) YOU must now CLOSE the return. DO NOT make any changes in the return otherwise your e-file will be erased on the disk.

5) Go to top menu and select Communication

6) Select Send/transmit E-File.

7) If it transmits with success you get a transmission report at the end of the process. PLEASE Print this because you will NOT get another chance to print transmission report.

Which step is error ing out for you guys?