ATX Community

WOW Looks Like I Have The First Post

the boss

Taxwise is a bit different than TaxWorks (and ATX) but it gets the job done. The first few returns are always the hardest until you find your way around. Check out the training videos they are short and very helpful, especially for the file process which can be a bit confusing.

Folks there is a handy chart called "Guide to Entering 1040 Tax Data in Taxwise" and there is a Taxwise Quick Reference (shortkut keys) that you can download from the solution center. Keep that pasted near your computer and you will know where to find stuff!

Also on their solution center site there are training videos. Take an hour or so of your time and go over the videos. Amazing how much info you don't know with any new software!

• 2 weeks later...

Alex,

I for one would love to return to TaxWorks for 2013. The big issue is that I was paying $299 for TRX version and need to have a similar price for your software direct from you?

I am certain that if the price is right many of my colleages would follow suit.

Thanks and best of luck.

Mike Dubin CPA

Alex,

Same here. I would like to return to TaxWorks for 2013 if the software is as good as it was in prior years. Im sure that quite a few posters here would be willing to try TaxWorks 2013 if the price was right.

I did speak with a TaxWorks rep a few weeks ago and told him the same thing. He said he could work out a good price. Of course this would be after reviewing the 2012 demo after the 2012 filing season ends ...well 4/15 that is.

Hey Boss,

I'm sorry that we (TaxWorks) fumbled the ball this year. We're finally getting our feet underneath us again and those who stuck with us are gaining some momentum, albeit late. Hopefully we can regain your trust for next year.

Alex

Alex, I really liked the look and feel of TaxWorks 2010 and 2011 and I REALLY miss it. Unfortunately, the $299 price that we were getting from TRX is hard to beat.