ATX Community

Taxwise Solution Center or EFC Not reachable

Guest Taxed

Since 8pm. today (Friday 2/8) I have not been able to connect to the Taxwise Solution Center or EFC to submit e-files. Connection errors out.

Anyone else having similar problems? I thought they were in GA. I know NE got hit by a blizzard this afternoon.

I've had that problem over the last few days. Today, tech support said that TaxWise only likes Microsoft Explorer. Apprently you have to make that your default browser. I changed the default. Not sure if that will make the difference. Not real happy about that since I like Firefox.

I've had that problem over the last few days. Today, tech support said that TaxWise only likes Microsoft Explorer. Apprently you have to make that your default browser. I changed the default. Not sure if that will make the difference. Not real happy about that since I like Firefox.

Kea, I switched to Google Chrome and had a problem at first. It is now working fine. Foxfire should work because that is the one Tech Support recommended . Good luck

Even using Explorer as my default, the e-file I sent today tried to "hang." Resent it and it worked OK. I'm not sure what the problem is. The EFC box just hangs sometimes. Other times it runs smoothly. I'll give it a few more days and then revert back to Firefox.

I also get occasional I/O errors and an error saving. I've run DBRepair and I've reindexed the database. Mostly the errors of been in the "annoying" category rather than actual problems. But I still don't know what causes them.

I am no computer expert, but those are some of the problems I had when I switched my browser. I never went back to Explorer and finally it seemed like the Tax program adapted to the new browser. Sounds strange,but then this whole year has been strange and messy.