ATX Community

Have Any of Your EIC Clients Received Their Refunds?

Chowdahead

OK...........I just went to check on the weirdest one that I have. Two children with two different last names. I filed it on Feb 11. It says that the refund has been approved and will be deposited into their bank account on Feb 20th. Yes, I filled out page 4 and page 5, but those two pages are not included in the e-file. Could there be a difference between return clients and new clients. This couple has been coming to me for several years.

OK...........I just went to check on the weirdest one that I have. Two children with two different last names. I filed it on Feb 11. It says that the refund has been approved and will be deposited into their bank account on Feb 20th. Yes, I filled out page 4 and page 5, but those two pages are not included in the e-file. Could there be a difference between return clients and new clients. This couple has been coming to me for several years.

Nope!

All my clients that still have not received their refunds are clients I have done since before they had children to qualify. This is the worst year yet for both IRS and ATX.

Deb!

The only thing I did not do on page 4 was check the box that there was no disabled child. I cannot honestly believe that would be holding things up. If the child is under 19 - disability isn't an issue. None of my EIC clients have received refunds yet, not even the ones without children. Granted 21 days comes next week - but my phone is still going crazy. On the NATP LInkedIn board, someone is saying the IRS is mailing letters and calling preparers. I have not heard anything.

I proactively tell all my clients 10-30 days. I direct them to the "Where's my refund" page at irs.gov and instruct them that I cannot affect or find out any more than they can once the return has been acknowleged.

This is ALL the doings of the IRS and I choose not to handhold people that won't listen.

I also very emphatically tell them not to spend the money until it is in their hands.

Of course, no one listens.....

I even gave my clients a copy of Pub 2043 and explained the wait time...they still call anyway....I tell them ahead of time, I don't have access to any other information than you do...they still think I have a magic red phone somewhere.....Hubby says he's going to buy me one just to put it on my desk as a joke......I glared at him.....my sense of humor is broken until about March 1st.

• Like 1