ATX Community

E Filing issuses

Putnam

After dealing with all of the issues relating to the new and improved software I am still unable to e file. My forms are not available according to the software. So I am not only having to deal with the slowness of the software I am still unable to file anything for my clients. Is anyone having the same issues or has had this issues and figured a way to solve it? Any help at this point would be great. I could deal with the speed if I was able to at least file.

I deleted the forms involved and re update forms thru the program. That helped opening certain returns, printing them and creating efiles.

But I still can't send efiles !!

If I am forced to do all paper returns, assuming the clients go along with it, am I still in trouble with the IRS ?? IRS could contact me after tax season and say why are 99 % of your clients doing PAPER and not efiling ??

You could check box 5 on Form 8948 and attach it to the paper return.

Maybe enter "1040" for the form number.

At the moment you'd be telling the truth.

Or better, check box 6c and enter an explanation that the software has issues which are unresolvable at your location after repeated attempts to rectify the problem (or something along those lines.)