ATX Community

V12.8

Maribeth

After I installed 12.8 version, the program and returns open MUCH, MUCH SLOWER. Can only open one return at the time now because of "low resources." I never had this problem before. Also, all my fixed assets in one return became "unassigned", and had to be reassigned to activities. I have not yet checked other returns with depreciation. Overall, this "Update" appears to be a complete failure. Before today, I was having no problems except slow opening of the program and returns.

Donna, did you download it from the website or from within the program?

I didn't have any issues until I made the mistake of downloading 12.5 from within the program. I've been meaning to post to find out if anyone has a fix for redownloading an update, but have still been chugging along doing returns. I've just started rebooting the program when memory runs low, or if nothing shows up in the rollover manager to rollover. Since I don't work in front of clients, and the program doesn't load slowly for me, its an acceptable workaround right now.

My program (12.6) was actually running pretty good on my stand-alone XP machine....just very slow opening the program and opening returns. I reluctantly downloaded/installed 12.7 from within the program. 12.7 installed fine, but since then, It has been slower and crashes after more than a few hours of use. I now find myself shutting down the program and re-starting every few hours.

There is a huge memory leak somewhere that grows with time. whenever the program starts acting funny (usually after a few hours of use), I check system resources and find that ATX loader.exe is consuming vast quantities of RAM and CPU......something not right with this. I was hoping that 12.8 would help fix that.

Downloaded the file from the site. Closed down all workstations, computers completely off. Installed the update file on the server.

NOTHING CHANGED!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! PROGRAM STILL CRASHES AT RANDOM OR ANYTIME TRYING TO CREATE E-FILE.

I have done every step talked about and more. Called sales and demanded to speak to someone who could get me proseries fx. The salesperson told me a supervisor would need to call me. That has been 3 hours ago.

I am calling other companies now.

Fool me once, shame on you.

Fool me twice, shame on me.

Fool me three times, and I am a blithering idiot.

CCH as a company SUCKS. ATX and the development team have been gutted to the point that ATX is no longer a viable product for a network or anyone over 500 clients.

I downloaded from the website, and restarted my computer after installing version 12.8. I turned off automatic updating of both program and forms several weeks ago. My program was performing OK, not great, before the update, but it has now taken a giant step backward. CPU useage is usually 100% with only one return open. Just when I was beginning to appreciate having more than one return open at the time, I have lost that function.

Like many on this forum, I have been using ATX since it was Saber. I have tried to be patient this year because I really don't want to change software, but it is beginning to appear that ATX programmers have no idea how to fix this mess. Every update just brings new problems.

• Like 1