ATX Community

Wisconsin Only E File of Schedule H

mcb39

I keep getting a message that if the 1040 doesn't have any information on it, it cannot be e-filed. I am not trying to file the 1040, I am clicking WI Only. If you delete the 1040, you lose all of the client info on the WI and Sch H. You also lose all the info on the WI e-File Info sheet because that carries over from the 1040 e-file info sheet. What am I missing?

I mentioned this in a previous topic about Michigan only - same problem. I ran into the same problem a few years back when trying to file a WI only Schedule H. Apparently even though you use the 'State Only' button, it still uses information from the

Federal return. The taxpayer only has SS benefits that weren't taxable for the 1040 or WI state, but was eligible for Homestead. What I did was put $1 of interest on the Federal 1040. The e-file created without error and it did not affect any other amounts. The only other way is to mail the Schedule H.

I mentioned this in a previous topic about Michigan only - same problem. I ran into the same problem a few years back when trying to file a WI only Schedule H. Apparently even though you use the 'State Only' button, it still uses information from the

Federal return. The taxpayer only has SS benefits that weren't taxable for the 1040 or WI state, but was eligible for Homestead. What I did was put $1 of interest on the Federal 1040. The e-file created without error and it did not affect any other amounts. The only other way is to mail the Schedule H.

Thanks a Million, Teri....! :)