ATX Community

Refunds with EIC

msbaysalr

Just wondering if any of your clients have received letters from the IRS requesting more information for EIC? I notice that the orange bar is gone on some (when you check "Where's My Refund) and they say they are still processing. Are they sending out letters? If so, that will put the phones to ringing :spaz:

There was an issue with the IRS computers thinking the 8867 was incomplete if the 'no disabled child' was left unchecked and the return was kicked out of the automated system for error resolution. The IRS started issuing refunds this week after it decided to stop sending letters and realized how large this problem actually was. Its industry wide and affects hundrds of thousands of returns. I personally have about 25 affected. Today some of them finally updated to say the refunds would be deposited on 2/26.

There was an issue with the IRS computers thinking the 8867 was incomplete if the 'no disabled child' was left unchecked and the return was kicked out of the automated system for error resolution. The IRS started issuing refunds this week after it decided to stop sending letters and realized how large this problem actually was. Its industry wide and affects hundrds of thousands of returns. I personally have about 25 affected. Today some of them finally updated to say the refunds would be deposited on 2/26.

How can that be the issue when page 4 of the 8867 is not included with the e-file?

• Like 1

Initially there were some problems with what was being sent in the efiles as well, but I know other companies, like Intuit (who actually kept their customers much better informed and updated) and Drake have issues as well. It boiled down to the residency questions 26 - both parts and 27.

That's on page 4, right?

Eli

For those who think page 4 isn't sent look again. What is not sent is the very last past for us to make our notes on. I personal notes are not sent but pages 1-4 of that form go with the return, and yes I do believe it's the checkmark for disabled child that is causing a lot of the problem.

Deb!

Only pages 1 thru 3 are required for Due Diligence.