ATX Community

Was Just Wondering.........

MsTabbyKats

If anyone is still trying to use TRX.

I called...put the phone on speaker....just to see how long it would take someone in tech support to pick up

(I was going to ask about the NY status and 1040-NR status)..........

But after 45 minutes....I was still listening to music :angry:

Do you think people are still calling for support, using TRX, trying to set up etc.......

Or, do you think they closed the doors?

Seriously....what do people think?

It's hard to tell if there are any users left. If there are I don't know how they are operating. I wouldn't trust that garbage software to do a simple less than 500.00 1040EZ return. Maybe this is the push I needed to buy quality software at a regular price and stop trying to cut corners and cut corners somewhere else.

If anyone is still trying to use TRX.

I called...put the phone on speaker....just to see how long it would take someone in tech support to pick up

(I was going to ask about the NY status and 1040-NR status)..........

But after 45 minutes....I was still listening to music :angry:

Do you think people are still calling for support, using TRX, trying to set up etc.......

Or, do you think they closed the doors?

Seriously....what do people think?

My season used to start late, it could be that. Or it could be most of their tech support quite because of angry customers.

The conversion to TaxSlayer Pro was effortless. The support folks will copy your files and convert them. Took them about 45 minutes to do mine. I have had absolutely no problems, the learning curve was minimal. Mind you, there are and will always be a few quirks here and there as you learn. Example; I had to ask how to get back to the sale of the main home worksheet. It was very simple but something I hadn't done yet this year. I have been efiling returns and have not had one return rejected for anything. Returns with form 8863 and depreciaiton have gone effortlessly. If there has been any difficulty it has been with the possible lack of a state form for NC that I need that they are looking into. As far as support goes, never a problem, no long hold times and very courteous and helpful folks. Here is my rep's information. He was very helpful with getting me up and running all in less than 1/2 a day.

Byron W. Allen

TaxSlayer Pro Software Consultant

888-420-1040 ext. 260 sales

706-868-1955 fax

[email protected]

I am pretty sure that TaxSlayer is a stable professional company. My tax season has gotten back to normal thanks to them. Matter of fact, this has been a good season with them as I haven't had any difficulty yet. If there is a stumbling block, they don't have the 5227 or the 1041-A forms available that I need for a CRUT. But, I can work around that. Found a non-common NC State form that is used for energy credits that qualify for 35% deduction not available either. Again, I have found a work around so all is well. I do plan on renewing this spring. Didn't think I would ever put money upfront again but I am feeling real confident with this.

Thanks for the update. With the problems I've been having in TaxWise, I keep thinking about going back to TaxExact. I've also considered the possibility that it's my computer & I should install TaxWise on my old PC - it runs Vista.

But the tech guy thinks the problem is my continuous backup. We'll see if pausing that while in TaxWise helps any.

Just gonna add....I've been using TaxAct...not one problem...not one issue,

Gonna stay with them until I die.

This has been the most pleasant tax season ever....I just decided to "cut back" or "raise the price" on certain returns.

Life is just too short..........

I really recommend giving Tax Act a try if you're unhappy with whatever you're using.

Guest Taxed

I am wondering if I will run into TRX at the 2013 Nationwide Tax Forum?? Would like to really talk to Mr. Hughes??? I think most of the software vendors have booths there and 2 years back i saw TRX as well. Last year I did not see TRX.

I am wondering if I will run into TRX at the 2013 Nationwide Tax Forum?? Would like to really talk to Mr. Hughes??? I think most of the software vendors have booths there and 2 years back i saw TRX as well. Last year I did not see TRX.

No, I didn't see him last year either.

What I'm waiting for is to see if they flood me with calls to buy their software again. Even though I renewed in Sept., I got call after call to renew.