ATX Community

Another CCH chief resigns in the middle of tax season

michaelmars

Jason Marx is the new president of CCHSFS. From several days ago: http://www.accountingtoday.com/news/Gramlich-resigns-from-cch-sfs-65790-1.html?taxpro

I saw a picture of Jason Marx posted over on the official board. It's since been removed but it made me laugh because he looks like Steven Colbert when Steven makes his serious/sarcastic face, and now that's all I can picture when I hear about the leadership at ATX. lol

Jason Marx has a good resume. Unfortunately, he’s another CCH clone. What CCH really needs to do is hire an outsider to come in and shake things up. Or better yet, they should hire Glynn and Steve Willet to return and run ATX again. As for CCH taking down his official picture, hell, I would have done the same thing given the number of angry ATX customers right now.

As for another CCH executive resigning, it's now clear that CCH is in a major upheaval. Part of the problem is the company's culture. They just don't know how to adapt to new changes. Wolters Kluwer, which owns CCH, just wants to squeeze every ounce of money out of the company. But the more they squeeze, the more they lose money. Introduce IntelliConnect a year early, and you end up losing $12 million in canceled subscriptions. You introduce the new ATX program a couple years early, you end up losing tons of customers and sales. It never stops. It never ends. It's always the same cycle - CCH buys out a good company, they screw things up, they lose money, and then they go out and do the same thing over and over again. It's like watching a car accident in slow motion.