ATX Community

Deleting An Efile

Crank

Yes. There's a folder un the UTS12 folder with the efiles. The file time usually starts with an "E" (I think) and then followed by the SSN. I'm not in front of my work computer right now & don't remember the folder name. I'll check tonight and post back.

The folder is: C:UTS12TRANSMIT

I don't have any pending e-files right now so I can't confirm the file name. But I'm pretty sure the SSN was in there. I had several problems early on where files that said they were transmitted really weren't. I would confirm with tech support that they did not have the file before I deleted it from the TRANSMIT folder. I have since learned that if you get any error message along the way, it won't transmit -- even if it says it did and even if it shows up in the "waiting for ack" (or similar name?) report.

In my case, I couldn't overwrite the e-file. The program thought it was transmitted. After deleting it from the TRANSMIT folder I could re-create & resend.

OK, I needed to delete an e-file again tonight. (error message when getting the submission report, so I said "no" not OK to transmit -- I've learned that just puts it in limbo. Tried again and the submission report showed the file in there twice.)

The file name in the Transmit folder is starts with the letter E2 next string of numbers is the SSN then (in this case) IUSFO.MEFXML

I'm not sure how much of the last part is useful, but I do recognize the MEF portion.

So before deleting it, I went into the program and used Crank's suggestion. When I went back to the Transmit folder that file was in fact gone.

So Crank's method is much easier than the method tech support gave me. But, on the plus side, we now have 2 methods!

(Oh, and the e-file got submitted without error that time.)