Jump to content
ATX Community

Casualt Loss On Sch C Depreciable Assets - 4684?


Recommended Posts

I have a small business owner (sch c) that has a casualty loss on leasehold improvements. It been a while since I visited this subject and assumed it would go on a 4684 but the form states personal use - not used in a trade or business or income producing property.

Any help is appreciated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Try F4864 Page 2 Section B Business and Income Producing Property.

I've only done this once (last year) so I'm not an expert. Also I've not done anything with leasehold property -- that's why I didn't respond before.

I did notice that when I was putting all the 2011 info in TaxWise for this return, it didn't let me add multiple pages. It took 3 pages in TaxWorks to list the 11 stolen assets. I don't know if 2012 will have the same limitation.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Create New...