ATX Community

TN Signature?

Lion EA

Well, my first glitch in seven years with ProSystem fx. The return says TN has qualified for e-filing. But, when I call CCH (by the way, they answer the phone immediately for Pro fx !!) they tell me no e-filing for that TN form. Gotta email the daddy back to tell him I'm mailing them a TN return to sign and mail to TN.

• Like 1

Guest Taxed

when I call CCH (by the way, they answer the phone immediately for Pro fx !!)

I think the point is made! You get what you pay for! ATX and Taxwise are at the bottom for CCH. I will not be surprised if in a few years one of them dies slowly and painfully!

The Tennessee Department of Revenue is now accepting Individual Income Tax returns for tax year 2012 through the IRS Modernized E-File program (MEF). This partnership between states and the Internal Revenue Service allows tax preparers to include the state tax return and any associated payment with its electronically filed federal return.

The Department of Revenue will accept Individual Income Tax (INC250) and Application for Extension of Time to File (INC251). Click here for a list of current certified vendors.

You must first select the certified software vendor from whom you will obtain the software that will be used to file the electronic return. Once a vendor has been selected, you must contact the vendor and arrange to use the vendor's software. You will also, at this time, determine if you will file your return and payment at the same time using the vendor's software or if you will file the return only and pay using the new income payment voucher form (INC253).

If you have any questions, please contact the Electronic Commerce Unit: Statewide toll-free (866) 368-6374; Nashvile-area and out-of-state (615) 253-0704.

• Like 1