ATX Community

Looks like ATX is FIXED!

joelgilb

First, Jeff was forced to resign.

Second, this whole myth of "beta testers" is just that - a myth. If you recall, CCH claimed that more than 400 people did a beta test of IntelliConnect before it was released - and we all know what happened after that - major cancellations from subscribers.

They rushed this thing through without any real consideration to the customer.

While I believe changes had to be made to ATX, they obviously could have done a better job.

Maribeth, if you did the beta testing - and I'm not disputing the fact that you did - why did ATX screw up so badly this year? It has been posted that ATX claims they used "1,000" beta testers. Really? Who are these people? What I really meant by "myth" is that if "1,000" people actually tested this, why are we having so many problems this tax season? Did the beta testers actually report their concerns or findings to ATX? Did ATX actually take their concerns seriously? Apparently not.

I cannot address your concerns specifically. I can only address my experience.

The package that I reviewed was limited in what I could and what I could not do. I could not print; I could not create a customized global report. I wish that I had kept my review notes but I did not. They are gone.

What I am going to say, and forcefully, is that one option that was NOT in the program that we beta-testers indicated MUST be in the program was the group option. We were told that it was not possible to get that option in the program before its release. We insisted that it must be in the program. That it was crucial to many of us that use FAM for our accounting and bookkeeping functions, not just tax.

That function made it into the release. And I applaud ATX's programmers for getting on the stick & getting that function done. It is not perfect, but it is there. We were listened to and our concerns were addressed.

I loved the "feel" of the program; I loved that it had moved into the 21st century; and I was very pleased with the speed and the manuverability within the software.

So, having said all of that, I now am still pleased with FAM. Had a few rough outings at the very beginning of tax season with losing assets but those problems were fixed. And I have to admit that my office has not had the severe problems that others have had. We have had no crashes, no trouble efiling, no lost assets after the beginning of the year. We have had slow opening of returns and very slow backups but that is probably the worst issues that we have had.

I am pleased with version 12.13 and as of today we are stable, preparing returns on 3 computers, efiling returns, and getting the work out.

FloridaTaxMan, I think you need to calm down, A LOT. And please drop the Caps and bold, for an entire post. Sure, it's fine for occasional emphases, but when you use them for entire posts, it is 'shouting', and really just plain bad manners.

Please, we do not need personal attacks here. If you continue, you will be banned. I don't want to do that.

• Like 1

Yes, this is a Community in a very real sense, and we want to keep it that way. Of course, everyone gets a bit 'on edge' this time of year.. Too much caffeine, too little sleep, too many procrastinating clients trying to put their problems on us..........

We just need to remember we are all friends here, trying to help each other. And that the ATX employees we have contact with are just trying to do their jobs. They are not the ones making corporate decisions.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

DO NOT INSTALL 12.16 if you are on a network.

Take this simply for what it says.

NEW problems since I updated.

CCH SFS developers bit the big one again!!!

ATX SFS developers show the ineptness once again.

We are screwed. Can't undo. Even if I do a total system remove and install (3 day process) the latest install file has 12.16 in it!

Thanks again CCH!!!

ATX posted this workaround for 12.16 crashes this afternoon

Updated 5-17-2013 ATX2012 crashes (displays the long stack error then closes) when printing returns after the 12.16 update.

Work-around: Run 'check return' right before printing the return. If any changes are made to the return (even tabbing through fields), you will need to run check return again before printing.

SOLUTION: This will be fixed in version 12.17, planned for early June

ATX posted this workaround for 12.16 crashes this afternoon

Updated 5-17-2013 ATX2012 crashes (displays the long stack error then closes) when printing returns after the 12.16 update.

Work-around: Run 'check return' right before printing the return. If any changes are made to the return (even tabbing through fields), you will need to run check return again before printing.

SOLUTION: This will be fixed in version 12.17, planned for early June

If you believe that this will work every time, I have a bridge to sell you. NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

• Like 1