ATX Community

Taxwise Quirks

Guest Taxed

I use the electronic signature, too. But it doesn't add the date by my signature. I add the date using the "sign" feature, not the signature. (No, I don't add the date to the client signature line - I let the client hand write that in to show the date they actually sign.)

But, what I was inferring (but didn't spell out) was you could use the "sign" feature and type in "Amended" and then place that at the top of the form. It's a bit clunky but then it's in your PDF version as well as the paper version.

TaxWise lets you specify watermarks and you might be able to use "Amended" there. Haven't played with the watermarks this year.

Guest Taxed

Taxwise watermarks are clunky it is slanted and in the middle of the page. I want amended or client copy on top of page in a box or in the margin area. I can live with a rubber stamp for now.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been running Vista since the 2008 filing season on a desktop and laptop with no issues. Ran ATX, TaxWorks & TaxWise. Time to upgrade hardware this year and leaning to Windows 7 as Im still not sure about Windows 8.

Im faily computer literate and I never understood the issues with Vista. Its been great for me and I have been using computers since 1984 and DOS and have used alost every version of Windows. It probably helps that I do a clean install every year.