ATX Community

Can it really be true???? 12.13 an answer to prayers?

Ray in Ohio

Early reports on the "other" forum sound very promising for the 12.13 update. Some are reporting major improvements in the speed of the program. I am not able to install the update during the day, due to multiple users on the system with clients scheduled.

I would really like to have some more confirmation that it is really true before I update. (I have no idea why I am so skeptical).

Let me know pros or cons.

Thanks, and lets hope it is true.

I was on the verge of "losing it" this morning. I will humbly admit, that I was sitting at my desk this morning with tears literally streaming down my cheeks. The pile of work should be getting smaller this time of the year, but it is already bigger than it has ever been and getting bigger with every day. I am totally "stressed out" to say the least. (thanks for listening).

• Like 2

Ray in Ohio, you are not alone. Some days I am hopeful; others I just look at the boxes of returns yet to be done and wonder what in the world I am going to do. I am still working with 12.10 on this machine because I am afraid to ruffle the waters. I did update on my laptop, but no time to try it out. I have to keep telling myself that these latecomers are not MY problem. On the other hand, it wouldn't have mattered when they came because we have all been working at full force with one hand tied behind our backs.

• Like 2

It is another good improvemnet. I updated a couple of hours ago and it is going strong.

Ray, I believe most all of us are in the same boat. But think extension. I am down to under 20 that were in by our cutoff and the 40 (an ever increasing number) that have come in since the cutoff and are coming in are being told that if we can not complete them by the 15th they will be extended and we will begin working on returns again in June. It has relieved a great deal of pressure here.

• Like 1

Ok you guys have convinced me! Im gonna try it.

Let me caution you that when you open a return in the new update, there is a screen that pops up to tell you what is going on. Made my heart jump the first time it popped up. My immediate thought was, "what now". But now that I have seen it a couple of times, I like it.

• Like 2

Good reports from the firm and my domain server!! Seems that all functions are faster. The search function in Return manager especially. Rollovers, opening returns all seem faster.

I think they put the screen showing progress to keep people from forcing the progam to close, increasing the bad files etc.

More news as the other people here report in.

It even seems to work better on the one remaining XP machine.

• Like 1

I see little change for the better, but then, I have never had major problems. One thing that I did notice is that the Client letter is messed up again. In order to get the State to say direct deposited as well as the Federal; you have to open the State letter and check the e-file options on both. It was like this in the beginning; got fixed and has been working well. I know there are a lot worse things to gripe about, but I haven't been working with the update that much today so really can't judge. The Print manager is a bit better.

I am so glad I don't use the client letter, after hearing complaints about it all tax season. I have custom sticky notes printed with my business name and number. I hire staff to write refund amounts, filing instructions, etc, on the sticky notes and affix them to the client copies. My clients rave about it. It's that extra personal touch that sets me apart from the other preparers in town who spit out the letters.

• Like 2

Are any of you on a stand-alone XP machine? until I hear good reviews from people sharing my specific set-up, I will not update...just too risky.

I didn't notice any difference. At least it hasn't messed it up any either :)

Eli