ATX Community

NT - Cheese

Janitor Bob

We had Wisconsin Gruyere on rosemary crackers with red grapes as a snack today. Heaven!

My favorite cheese depends on the season, my mood, and what else is around. Sharp cheddar - yum. Muenster fried between two pieces of hand-made pasta dough rolled thin (Italian "grilled" cheese sandwich) -- incredible (and a boatload of work). Gruyere on crackers or melted -- like in fondue; ah! Parmesan and/or Romano on fresh pasta; who needs sauce?

You expect me to DECIDE?!?!

:P

• Like 2

We had Wisconsin Gruyere on rosemary crackers with red grapes as a snack today. Heaven!

My favorite cheese depends on the season, my mood, and what else is around. Sharp cheddar - yum. Muenster fried between two pieces of hand-made pasta dough rolled thin (Italian "grilled" cheese sandwich) -- incredible (and a boatload of work). Gruyere on crackers or melted -- like in fondue; ah! Parmesan and/or Romano on fresh pasta; who needs sauce?

You expect me to DECIDE?!?!

:P

Point made Catherine. I accompanied my wife to the grocery store the other night after a 17 hour day and she asked me what I would like and I just stopped the cart and looked at her and could not even think what to say nor could I even speak. After several seconds the only thing I could come up with is "I am through making decisions for the day". I think for all of us (if I can be so bold to speak for all of us) fatigue and exhaustion have found their home.

• Like 1

Aha! I hope you guy's love of cheese is not so great as to cast suspicion on you for the great Wisconsin cheese heist which I read about in my local paper this morning. A trucker presented a false bill of lading to a local cheese factory and made off with 21 tons of Muenster cheese! He was caught in New Jersey red-handed with the cheese.

http://lacrossetribune.com/vernonbroadcaster/news/local/the-great-cheese-scam-multi-state-effort-finds-tons-of/article_024a0960-9c79-11e2-a261-001a4bcf887a.html

I wonder where he was headed with all that cheese?

There is no bad cheese. Some better than others!!

We live not far from a Cheese Factory and make a few trips a week to their outlet store to "load up". Our refrigerator is never without a variety of cheese. Oh, and, In Marathon, WI you can get Vermont white cheddar right from the factory. Imagine that!

If I had to opt for the BEST, I might have to say fresh cheese curds.