ATX Community

Anybody racing to finish 2009 returns?

SFA

Yesterday a referral client dropped in with several unfiled years--including 2009. We prepared the return. Over $5,000 refund!

We are under pressure, but were still happy to help them get this refund. Unfortunately, the closed years probably include large lost refunds as well.

Guest Taxed

I have 3 2009 1040x that I am working on right now They WILL be finished by Sunday and Monday it will be on a certified mail! These refunds are nowhere close to $5000 but the highest one in my case is $1700. I can't believe clients forget Tution expense because that is a big chunk out of their budget. Everybody complains about Tuition costs.

• Like 1

A claim to leave the statute open in case a case still in litigation is decided favorably. With DOMA in the Supreme Court, any of my clients that would benefit by being able to file MFJ or that have the cost of their partners health insurance added to taxable wages are filing protective claims.