ATX Community

Almost there

Terry D EA

Two and three quarter days to go. The coffee cup is full, had about 4 hours of sleep so let the games begin. I can see the finish line but hope I don't crap out before I cross it. Hang in there everyone by the time June rolls around and things are all calm, you'll miss all the fun you have had.

On a more serious note, it is funny how things always seem to work out. I, like many others, dealt with software issues, learning curves for new software, paniced and drove my self nuts on January 30 wondering how it was all going to work out. And now that the dust is beginning to settle, I have realized that I have had one of the busiest and mostprosperous tax season for the last five years and all the worry proved useless.

Cudos to all of you on this board, and the TRX board for being there for me and everyone else. This is an invaluable asset to all of us. Here is wishing each and everyone of you a good and restful break after Monday.

One more thing, I think we all should take a moment and think about the software developers, support folks, and others that worked long hours that have done their best to help us get through this tax season. My hats off to them as well. Thank you!

• Like 3

Guest Taxed

Did it again! Another former client (did not do his return last 2 years because he moved to GA) leaves a VM last night at 9pm. He is back home to see his mother and if I would be kind enough to see him Monday evening. He flys out Tuesday morning back to GA.

I thought of saying no but then the softer side of me took over. He will be at my house at 7:30 pm on Monday. I hope he has all his documents, plus now i got to do a GA return???

Agreed and well said Terry. We, on the front lines, don't recognize the hard work these folks do. They are folks just like us who go to work everyday to make a difference and when the product is less than we expect we fill out minds with negative thoughts about these folks. This is not to say that some of those thoughts are not well founded, but I believe the vast majority of the folks up and down the line are out there trying to make a difference. They, like us, have had less than a perfect season and played the cards that have been dealt. I have said before that this will be a season to remember and learn from. All of us, up and down the line, need to take that away from this season. And that said, I am ready, and in fact have already begun, to say good bye to the 2013 tax season. It's extensions and e- filing today and tomorrow, wait for a couple of pickups early Monday and lock the door (with me on the outside of it) at noon.

• Like 1

I'm on 3.5 hours of sleep; I had clients coming in at 1 so I had to get up. I did get up to a bunch of emails and efile authorizations back, attesting to my work done last night. And checks in the mailbox! I think I'm at an all time high for gross receipts and definitely for clients; I had 282 total last year and I'm up to 264 already, with some rollovers ad zero extensions to go. And more new ones (filing their own extensions) coming in after I get back from vacation.

Getting an early tease on the vacation. Wife and I are heading to Top Sail Beach first thing in the morning tomorrow. No phones permitted. Can't wait. Nothing better than a beach chair, umbrella, bucket of chicken, bottle of wine and a good book with my bride at my side. Oh and preferably a quiet spot far far away from families with small children. Love em just can't stand screaming and crying anymore.

• Like 1

Guest Taxed

I'm on 3.5 hours of sleep; I had clients coming in at 1 so I had to get up. I did get up to a bunch of emails and efile authorizations back, attesting to my work done last night. And checks in the mailbox! I think I'm at an all time high for gross receipts and definitely for clients; I had 282 total last year and I'm up to 264 already, with some rollovers ad zero extensions to go. And more new ones (filing their own extensions) coming in after I get back from vacation.

I am finding it difficult to stay up after 11pm now all of a sudden. I try to get up early and finish the work instead of loading up on coffee.

Good job increasing gross receipts. I am a bit ahead as well with referrals. Monday is dedicated to extensions. Phone has been ringing off the hook with folks finally throwing in the towel and asking me to file the extension. I love it!

I'm sitting with my feet up and having a Dove bar. I have 2 projections to do tomorrow for 1st quarter estimates, and one last extension...if I can get an answer from this last client! I'll have a total of 4 on extension, all of which are 99.9% done and waiting on one small entry on each.

13 to finish. 12 of them are 90% complete. One new client, farmer, 63 lines of depreciation. 17, including my own on extension.

Increased my client base from 154 to 229 this season. It has been a season like no other. Were it not for the ATX software problems, this would have been a wonderful year for me. Revenues are also up due to the increase in clients. I will make it by Monday at noon.

At the firm, over 400 extesnsions... Software problems 25 times as bad there as I have experienced here at home.

All of the "guaranteed by the 15th" returns are complete. Still lots to do!!!

• Like 1

I've got the extensions done and I think I've contacted those who will send in a payment or those who have the money to send in a payment. The biggest hassle is the business local extensions. They want their own extension and they want a payment. After I get the extensions done, I usually run out of gas and can't get much done even while working. I'll try to get as much done today as I can and work a half day Monday, take off Tuesday.