ATX Community

Anyone else still have Jan clients waiting for refunds?

BulldogTom

I still have one client who has not gotten their refund from 1.30.13 accepted e-file. I am so frustrated. Called the IRS twice and still all they can tell me is it is in review and will be processed when they get to it.

Anyone got a magic bullet that gets the IRS off their A$$ on these things? Thinking about calling my congressman. Any other suggestions.

BTW, the clients are unemployed and on disability now. Just a little bit of income that kicked in a small EIC payment. No kids, just the two of them. They could really use the couple hundred bucks that is mostly withholding.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Tom,

It's highly possible that there is a debt out there for either or both of the taxpayers. You might want to give the taxpayers the debt telephone number and suggest that they call to find out if their refund is possibly being held up due to a debt issue.

Just a thought....good luck!

Cathy

P.S. Have you tried calling the e-file help desk? I have found in 1 out of 20 calls, you get an employee who is interested in help solving such a mystery! Who knows...you might just luck up!

I have one from February 4 & one from February 14th,

I still have one client who has not gotten their refund from 1.30.13 accepted e-file. I am so frustrated. Called the IRS twice and still all they can tell me is it is in review and will be processed when they get to it.

Anyone got a magic bullet that gets the IRS off their A$$ on these things? Thinking about calling my congressman. Any other suggestions.

Tom

Hollister, CA

I have two that were accepted Feb 5 & have not issued refunds yet. I've called for both & all they will will tell me is that they are being checked. I ask why there hasn't been any correspondence with the taxpayer & their rely is that the don't need any further info. If that's the case, then why can't they just issue the refund?

Eli

Guest Taxed

I have one client from Feb still waiting for refund. Site says processing. He called and IRS can not discuss any details except that they are processing.

Last year I had one client who received her refund early August. The return was filed March. She later learned she was a victim of identity theft. IRS gave her like $20 in interest.

I had another client last year who had actually created a turbotax account and accidentally filed. Turbotax got a IRS rejection but client never bothered to look at it or print it. Client did not tell me that he had attempted to do the return himself. So my prepared return was accepted but the refund came in May.

BTW, the clients are unemployed and on disability now. Just a little bit of income that kicked in a small EIC payment. No kids, just the two of them. They could really use the couple hundred bucks that is mostly withholding.

Tom

Hollister, CA

I have one filed 2/5. Same thing IRS no help. It appears the EIC checklist got attached to her return even though credit was not taken. I was told it was put on hold with all the other EIC returns "TILL WE FIGURE OUT WHAT TO DO WITH THEM" Kid you not. Called a month ago with the client, explained the check list should never had been attached, was told by the IRS rep. she put in a request to reprocess return.

It appears the Government is really -------- over poor folks.

Still no refund. single woman AGI of 15,000.

Guest Taxed

I am checking my e-file submission and telling my clients to be patient this year. As long as I can prove that we submitted timely, they will get some interest if it is delayed beyond the normal. IRS reps do NOT discuss any specific on the phone. They stick to the canned responses.