ATX Community

NT - Maybe Obama went too far this time

BulldogTom

Apparently the Obama administration, in an attempt to find the leak in the Justice Department, secretly tapped the phones of the Associated Press offices in serveral cities for 2 months. The AP is hopping mad.

The issue stems from a report the AP did on a foiled terrorist plot. The AP source revealed top secret information and the Justice Department wanted to know who leaked the information. When the AP would not give its source, they tapped the phones.

Our basic constitutional rights are under attack. Big Brother needs to be dialed in. Maybe if the press sees that they are now targets of this out of control government, they will start reporting all the crap that big brother is doing and push the pendulum back the other way.

Tom

Hollister, CA

• Like 2

I doubt it.

Once the press gets over their initial outrage, they'll find a way to blame it on George Bush.

If they can't figure out a way, the administration will furnish them some good talking points.

They may even find a few on this forum in the next few days if they want to follow it here.

The mainstream press has been showing signs of growing consternation with Mr Obama of late. But if this doesn't tip the scales in favor of a complete reversal of their love affair with him, nothing will. Even some of Mr Obama's Demmy cronies are expressing outrage over this, Benghazi and the IRS thing (though I'm not at all sure if their anger is that those things happened or that they got caught).

Hasn't been a good week for the administration, has it (he says with the hint of wry grin crossing his face)?

There was a time I thought I might want to get involved in politics--even ran once. Now, I'm exceedingly grateful that never happened. Wouldn't want to be a 'public-servant' in this climate--even at the local dog-catcher level!

• Like 1

If I were Jay Carney, I'd resign immediately

I'd announce my resignation is a matter of principle.

I'd do it even if I agreed with the administration's actions.

This is an administration that will throw anyone under the bus, and Carney will be a prime candidate as the facts keep coming out. If he cares about his career, he'd better get out in front of these latest allegations. If he keeps digging the hole, he's going to wind up like his counterpart (Ron Zeigler) in the Nixon administration 40 years ago.

Guest Taxed

I think the controversy is quite different now than 40 yrs back with President Nixon.

I know Mike Huck thinks Pres. Obama will not serve his full term and I bet he is trying to use that to raise funds from rightwingers. Just like he did with Obamacare!

At least someone is making money off the rightwingers!

If I were Jay Carney, I'd resign immediately

I'd announce my resignation is a matter of principle.

I'd do it even if I agreed with the administration's actions.

This is an administration that will throw anyone under the bus, and Carney will be a prime candidate as the facts keep coming out. If he cares about his career, he'd better get out in front of these latest allegations. If he keeps digging the hole, he's going to wind up like his counterpart (Ron Zeigler) in the Nixon administration 40 years ago.

Do you remember in the first gulf war the spokesman for the Iraqi government? Tanks were outside of Bagdad and the Coalition was about to decimate the entire military. We were about to take the Bagdad airport. This guy stands up and says there is no invasion, that the Iraqi military were beating back the invasion in the desert, and victory for the Iraqi's was certain. Bagdad fell about 12 hours later.

Jay Carney reminds me of that guy.

Tom

Hollister, CA

I think the controversy is quite different now than 40 yrs back with President Nixon.

I know Mike Huck thinks Pres. Obama will not serve his full term and I bet he is trying to use that to raise funds from rightwingers. Just like he did with Obamacare!

At least someone is making money off the rightwingers!

Yes, the controversy is quite different.

Nixon was trying to use the IRS to cause trouble for his political enemies;

Whereas the Obama adminstration is just using the IRS to cause trouble for those pesky conservative righwingers.

Definitely quite different...

• Like 3

Guest Taxed

40 years back all roads led to President Nixon. Now it is yet to be determined how far up the chain this goes. I think that is the difference.

Yes, you have a valid point.

This president has proven himself to be much more adept at avoiding responsibility than any of his predecessors.

Amazing how one can get elected President and yet continue to vote "Present" just like he did in the Senate.

• Like 2

Guest Taxed

Some president's have a charm that can disarm:

Pres. Reagan avoided Iran Contra from hanging around his neck.

Pres. Clinton the White water controversy and Monica Lewinsky affair

Pres. Obama .. TBD

Now that's what I call a politician!

For Tom:

It has become difficult to keep track of all the different "-gates" the Obama administration has suddenly found itself embroiled in: perhaps an appropriate name would be Gate-r-gate? And with the just concluded farce in which Jay Carney passed off all AP-related questions to Eric Holder, who in turn recused himself and told the media to please crucify the Deputy AG instead, it is unlikely that any material new information will be disclosed any time soon. However, courtesy of The Hill, we at least have some insight into the first gross offense by the administration revealed last week: the targeting of one political group over another by the supposedly impartial IRS. Specifically, attached below is the full 7 page questionnaire sent by the IRS to the Liberty Township Tea Party containing a list of 35 questions.

Listed here one can find such pearls as "provide details regarding all of your activity on Facebook and Twitter", "Provide a list of all issues that are important to your organization", "do you or will you rate candidates", "you have conducted polls of of your membership to determine which candidates and issues they are supporting. Provide details on this process", "Do you conduct media advertisements lobbying for or against legislation?", "Do you directly or indirectly communicate with members of legislative bodies? If so, explain the amount and nature of the communication", and finally "provide details regarding your relationship with Justin-Bink(sic) Thomas." It appears Justin is someone who according to the Daily Kos, "claims that the government is bailing out too many people who don't want to work." Surely, for the IRS, this is "need to know" information.

For the actual letter, you need to go to her link.

It's not about hating Obama, it's about hating what he is doing to this country! A BASIC PREMISE OF THE FOUNDING OF THE USA WAS THE IDEA THAT EVERYONE SHOULD BE TREATED EQUALLY BY THE GOVERNMENT. Today we are seeing that violated right and left. Latest item exposed, the EPA. Can ant honest, unbiased person justify this? http://local.msn.com/wind-farms-get-pass-on-eagle-deaths [Note this is NOT a conservative website.]

Most important article take-away: " It's also a federal crime, a charge that the Obama administration has used to prosecute oil companies when birds drown in their waste pits, and power companies when birds are electrocuted by their power lines.

But the administration has never fined or prosecuted a wind-energy company, even those that flout the law repeatedly. Instead, the government is shielding the industry from liability and helping keep the scope of the deaths secret."

• Like 1

You Obama-haters need to all get your guns and hide under the bed.

Can't wait for Hillary to take over in 2016 !!

I can't wait for the debate when whoever the Republican candidate stands up and throws the famous "3 AM phone call" line at her. It will go something like this:

"Mrs. Clinton famously charged that Barry Obama did not have the experience to handle a situation when the phone rings at 3 AM. However, we know know that when Mrs. Clinton got a 3AM phone call regarding Bengazi, she went back to bed and 5 Americans died."

There is no way Billery gets past that. She made the wrong call. At a minimum she should have pushed it up to the President. If she did, and is protecting BO, that is even worse.

I used to think Hillary would at least be a capable President, even if I don't like her policies. I could never support someone who will not marshall the resources of the US military to the aid of our citizens in service to our country overseas.

The dems better find a new standard bearer for their 2016 bid. Ain't gonna happen for Billery. Besides, with the national debt the way it is, we would not be able to afford the cigar bill for the first Husband.

Tom

Hollister, CA

Benghazi security funding cut by a Republican House bent on cutting government to the bone so rich republicans could have TAX CUTS. Yes that what I see being brought up in the 2016 elections.

Let us continue the G BUSH 2 fantasy of cutting government, tax cuts for the rich, and going to war.

One week McCain wants war in Syria, the next he wants Benghazi outrage. And TAX CUTS

AND screw seniors out of their social security (how many Americans will die then ???)

Oh yeah lets bring back the INCOMPETENCE and STUPIDITY of BUSH 2...lets wreck the economy again.

I can't wait for the debate when whoever the Republican candidate stands up and throws the famous "3 AM phone call" line at her. It will go something like this:

"Mrs. Clinton famously charged that Barry Obama did not have the experience to handle a situation when the phone rings at 3 AM. However, we know know that when Mrs. Clinton got a 3AM phone call regarding Bengazi, she went back to bed and 5 Americans died."

There is no way Billery gets past that. She made the wrong call. At a minimum she should have pushed it up to the President. If she did, and is protecting BO, that is even worse.

I used to think Hillary would at least be a capable President, even if I don't like her policies. I could never support someone who will not marshall the resources of the US military to the aid of our citizens in service to our country overseas.

The dems better find a new standard bearer for their 2016 bid. Ain't gonna happen for Billery. Besides, with the national debt the way it is, we would not be able to afford the cigar bill for the first Husband.

Tom

Hollister, CA

HOW do you know what she did or did not do ??

Guest Taxed

Like I said before, I would love to watch Hillary Clinton debate Rand Paul or Marco Rubio. The icing on the cake would be if Ms. Palin is nominated to represent the Republicans!