ATX Community

DO NOT INSTALL 12.16 if you are on a network!!

Jack from Ohio

Take this for simply what it says.

Added problems after update.

ATX SFS developers show the ineptness once again.

We are screwed. Can't undo. Even if I do a total system remove and install (3 day process) the latest install file has 12.16 in it!

Thanks again CCH!!!

I still have the 12.15 update download -- so if you have the original disk, I can send you the 12.15 update (also think I still have 12.10 and 12.13, maybe others). Sometimes it pays to not get around to clearing out the "download" folder.

I still have the 12.15 update download -- so if you have the original disk, I can send you the 12.15 update (also think I still have 12.10 and 12.13, maybe others). Sometimes it pays to not get around to clearing out the "download" folder.

I have 12.10, 12.11, 12.12, 12.13 and 12.15 if you want/need any of those.

To reinstall is a 3-4 full days operation. I have all the update files as well. I am making a new backup. 3,174 returns @ 20 seconds each = 17.6 hours to create the backup file.

If I choose to reinstall - At least 2 hours to scrub all the workstations and server of the program. Then iInstall and update forms, 3 hours. Restore returns - 3,174 returns @ 125 seconds each = 110 hours. Resynch e-files 13 hours. (just did this yesterday)

Did this in Feb and lost 25 returns to corrupted backup. These times are documented. Would anyone take the time to "reinstall" not knowing for sure that the problems will go away?

These times are on my superworkstation with SSD drive, i5 processor and 16GB RAM.

To reinstall is a 3-4 full days operation. I have all the update files as well. I am making a new backup. 3,174 returns @ 20 seconds each = 17.6 hours to create the backup file.

If I choose to reinstall - At least 2 hours to scrub all the workstations and server of the program. Then iInstall and update forms, 3 hours. Restore returns - 3,174 returns @ 125 seconds each = 110 hours. Resynch e-files 13 hours. (just did this yesterday)

Did this in Feb and lost 25 returns to corrupted backup. These times are documented. Would anyone take the time to "reinstall" not knowing for sure that the problems will go away?

These times are on my superworkstation with SSD drive, i5 processor and 16GB RAM.

Isn't Export/Import safer (no corrupted backup files) and takes less time?

No! What did ATX tell you to do after you got them on the phone?

After doing all sorts of things to permissions, firewalls, all the other recommended things etc...

Me: Now that we have done all these things and have not changed any of the problems, do you have any other suggestions?

Him: "The only suggestion I have is to totally delete and reinstall the program. Use the latest install file from the MYATX website which includes all current updates. Then update all forms. Then restore all the returns. Then re-synch the e-file information."

Me: Will that eliminate these problems that your developers cannot seem to fix with updates? Do you have reports of this working on a domain server?

Him: "No guarantees that the problems will be fixed. We have not had any verification that this process works on a domain server with a large number of clients."

Me: Thank you for your ambiguous tech help today.

You be the judge. I received similar recommendations from 3 different tech people with the same lack of any idea if it will really help or not.

• Like 1

Guest Taxed

Me: Will that eliminate these problems that your developers cannot seem to fix with updates? Do you have reports of this working on a domain server?

Him: "No guarantees that the problems will be fixed. We have not had any verification that this process works on a domain server with a large number of clients."

Jack, ATX just gave you the answer! ATX is not suitable for your setup because they will not test it in your environment and you will never get any guarantees that it will work for you.

I have a feeling they gave up and it is going to be for standalone system primarily and small networks (1 or 2 workstations all running same OS).

Joel also seems to think the same?