ATX Community

Evidently TRX Still in Business???

ReneeinNV

I received an email a couple weeks ago in which I just sent a nasty reply today. Here is the email(I wasn't even a customer for 2013 season):

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that TRX really appreciates your business and would love to have you back for the 2013 tax season. I also wanted to let you know that we are offering 100% Risk Free Renewal Policy! I would love for you to see all the improvements in the 2013 software by looking at the sneak peek on you tube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV-ouyP-jQY It will walk you thru the 2013 software. It is approximately 10 minutes long.

I look forward to hearing from you soon with your feedback! You can reach me at 855-880-1040 Ext 3254.

Thanks, Elizabeth

Elizabeth

906 Dashiel Street

Murfreesboro,Tn 37129

Toll Free 855-880-1040 Ext 3254

I viewed the video which was uploaded about 6 weeks ago. They

changed the main interface to look like windows 8 tiles, as you

can see on the video linked above but that's about it.

When you click on a tile it takes you to the exact same input

screens as the disasterous 2012 TRX Tax Exact program.

They claim to have added new features which were suggestions from

this forum in early 2013. But they really dont go into any

functionality and aviod discussing a lot of issues such as

individual forms.

I think Doug is attempting to make this a viable program but it

doesnt appear to me that very much has been accomplished over the

2012 program. At this late date it doesnt appear that it will be

functional in time for the 2013 filing season.

But, it looks like they are putting in somewhat of an effort and I

wouldnt be surprised to see a functional product a few years down

the road. I also wouldnt be surprised to see them disappear

completely as I assumed they would after the 2012 fiasco.

Procced with EXTREME caution if you are considering using TRX for

2013 season.

(Also I am one of the members that paid by credit card for the

2012 TRX TAx Exact program and never received a refund even with

BBB an AG intervention.)

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the latest email from TRX! They are now selling their software under a new name and new website Taxexact.com

Dear , $799.99 package Now $399.99 through Friday the 4th of October. Must call in (855)-860-1040 for discount Take just a minute and watch the video below for a sneak peek of our AWESOME TaxExact 2013 Software. Just click on the link: Click Here This Package includes: Free Unlimited e-filing of the 1040 Free Unlimited e-filing of All Individual & Several Business States Free Unlimited e-filing of the Corporate 1065, 1120, 1120s Free Unlimited e-filing of the Fiduciary, Trust & Estates 1041 & 990's After the Fact Payroll including 941, 940,944, 1096, W3 English or Spanish Appointment Scheduler E-Cabinet Document Storage including the EZ Document Scan Extensive Client Organizer QuickBooksTM or Excel import for Schedule D into TaxExact QuickBooksTM or Excel import for Schedule C into TaxExact 100% true MEF since 2011 PC or Mac Compatible, we may have the only Tax Software that runs on a Mac Thanks, Karen 1-855-860-1040 ext. 3250 www.TaxExact.com

You are receiving this email because you are a registered PTIN/EFIN user with the IRS.

You may unsubscribe or reduce the frequency of this email by clicking here.

• 2 weeks later...

$399.99 for 1 week only our $599.99 (ALL Inclusive) package is on special. Sale ends Monday October 23rd. Did I forget to mention free shipping with this sale?

Got another e-mail from them with the above offer. I bet they are thinking that some previous customers may come back if they dangle a sweet offer??

Any takers (count me out)?

$399.99 for 1 week only our $599.99 (ALL Inclusive) package is on special. Sale ends Monday October 23rd. Did I forget to mention free shipping with this sale?

Got another e-mail from them with the above offer. I bet they are thinking that some previous customers may come back if they dangle a sweet offer??

Any takers (count me out)?

Sounds like the sales have been slow.

Never, never, never.....never have I been so disgusted by a business.

Even for free.....I wouldn't bother trying it.

DItto.

And to make it even more galling, they continue to send me promotional material (despite several requests to be removed from their marketing list).

About a month ago I called one of the people I got a marketing email from and asked (for the umpteenth time) for a refund. I told her that no one was responding to my requests. She promised to get back to me. She didn't, but their sales manager did via email. She was outraged that I said no one had gotten back to me. She informed me that she had personally told me last June that I did not qualify for a refund. I responded saying that I was referring to the more than a dozen requests since then to her, Doug and numerous others to reconsider in view of the fact that many others in exactly the same circumstances did get a refund. As I expected, I got no response.

I do not understand how these folks can expect to stay in business. If I treated my clients the way they do I'd have no more clients . . . come to think of it, that seems to be what's happening to them! I feel really sorry for the unsuspecting folks they dupe into signing on for their 'new and improved' product.

Actually, I wish them well. We could use some new smaller software vendors in this market to compete against the big guys who are buying out the smaller vendors. Unfortunately, I can't figure out the business plan that would generate enough profits that would support the development of the software, much less the support needed during the tax season.

[Personal disclaimer - I used TRX for about seven years but bailed out in January when it was obvious to me that the problems weren't going to be fixed any time soon. I'm not interested in trying TaxExact this year.]

• 1 month later...

Got another round of solicitation?? Looks like they are lowering the price to get some unsuspecting preparers?

$399.99 for our $599.99 (ALL Inclusive) package! Our Thanksgiving special ends Monday December 2nd.

Plus shipping and handling. Package includes (free unlimited e-filing of the 1040, all states, 1065, 1120, 1120’s and 1041)

Plus great features: Appointment scheduler (that will allow you to set, edit and schedule appointments, as well as email and text message your clients all within the software, after the fact payroll, 1040 peek (that will generate a review of the actual IRS form to the right of the forms) , We have amazing upload/download feature that gives you the option to share returns between your computers or offices electronically.

Not to mention the wonderful electronic file cabinet and you can use the interview mode or forms mode to just name a few of the features.

To take a sneak peek of the awesome 2013 software go to our website at www.trxsoftware.com and clicking on the link or by just clicking the link below.

http://trxsoftware.com/SneakPeek.html

You can reach us a 1-855-880-1040 or on the web at www.trxsoftware.com

Thanks,

TRX SOFTWARE

"DItto.

And to make it even more galling, they continue to send me promotional material (despite several requests to be removed from their marketing list)."

The key is to ignore the message. They use these emails to check the recipients. If you send them unsubscribe request they will only know that you are using this inbox regularly and will continue to pester you.

I got one message in May from them. I have TRX, TaxExact and Taxes R Us in my blacklist.

It goes into my junk mail filter in Outlook. Now and then i scan the junk mail headings just to see what type of junk I am getting.

You are absolutely correct. Many businesses use that unsubscribe option to actually confirm that it is a valid e-mail address. Those valid e-mail addresses are like gold to address brokers.