ATX Community

Beta Tester - Redux

Jack from Ohio

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone is interested in my recommendations AFTER I finish the next phase of my testing, please send me a message and I will gladly share with you.

There will be a few members here I will not respond to.

I will not be posting them publicly.

Jack,

Just curious if you know when you will have your findings completed? Do you have another phase of ATX testing to do?

Like many others I am still deciding whether I want to renew with ATX and your opinion will be a big part of that decision. Thanks to you and all the Beta testers.

I would love your findings emailed to me at: [email protected]

Could I please receive your comments as well? I would love to come back to ATX for 2013 if the problems are fixed. I switched to Drake in March and really don't like it, other than their support. The input is cumbersome, cryptic and you have to hunt for input screens. Data doesn't show up on the input screen, even though it's really there; there is no way to override forms or print blank forms; calculations like SE income are untraceable; Schedule L balance sheets don't have totals - I could go on forever.

Please, tell me ATX will work for 2013!!

[email protected]

We have 3 or 4 members here who switched from ATX to Drake with relative ease. Perhaps they can point you in the right direction if you should stick with Drake for 2014 season.

I have tested Drake and the input screens (tabs) are arranged just like the 1040 form. If you like to do direct input to the form line that is also possible for most lines.

We have 3 or 4 members here who switched from ATX to Drake with relative ease. Perhaps they can point you in the right direction if you should stick with Drake for 2014 season.

I have tested Drake and the input screens (tabs) are arranged just like the 1040 form. If you like to do direct input to the form line that is also possible for most lines.

For simple returns, Drake works very well. However, for complex partnership returns with transfers and special allocations, Drake is a nightmare. You can bring up the 1040 in form-based mode but to go to the input for Schedule A or E, for example, it just takes you to an input screen. I looked forever on the 2210 input screen for a way to suppress the form, only to find that the option is on the Name and Address input screen. Now where's the logic in that? I really like the "jump to" feature in ATX. I never had an issue about "where did that number come from??"

Maybe I'm doing something really wrong. Any input would be appreciated.

Dear Jack,

MCB alerted me to this .. Please add me to the list. she is not networked and I am and what a nightmare. and we continue doing returns...

Any comments now as I have until 10/30 to decide if I will pay for Proseries as my main or back-up?

I have tried about 6 programs now and still keep coming back to ATX but I cannot $$ wise or even more importantly time wise - have a season like this past one with ATX 2012.

And if you noticed at all from prior postings, we upgraded everything!

Thank you,

Sincerely,

D