ATX Community

New Warning System

Eric

wanna really laugh, come look at the return I just checked and bounced. Unbelievable the crap my staff puts out when they are so tired.

in Lacerte there are preset status's to control work flow but you can add your own. I have 2 set up, one is "HUH" when they blow it and the other is "WTF" when they really blow it. And people wonder why we go through so much liquor in the office.

• Like 2

Consider yourself blessed that you are not stressed out 4 days before the final deadline.

One of my clients is going to blow his gasket today when he sees the balance due with interest.

Jeez, I just got four returns in my e-mail yesterday. Where were these folks a couple of weeks/months ago?

They just figured out that the Govt shutdown did not give them any extra time to file?

Seriously I have had that question asked.

Jeez, I just got four returns in my e-mail yesterday. Where were these folks a couple of weeks/months ago?

I still have a half-dozen from whom I have *nothing* but an email from August-ish claiming they'll get me stuff within the week. Wish I had THAT kind of calendar! If they show up on Monday expecting me to pull out all stops I will be hard pressed not to laugh in their faces.

How effective is the "Report" function, does anyone use it when things get out of hand?

The report function works by alerting Eric and the moderators of problem postings, and it gives us a visual indicator on our main page when new reports have come in without us having to read every topic or postings within them. The report is specific to the post , the system references it automatically for us, and gives a link for us directly back to the post so we don't have to search for it in order to see it. If multiple members are each sending reports on the same post, the system groups all of the reports for any one thread into one line item and gives a tally. From there, we can look at any comments that may have been sent, and gives us the chance to decide if a warning is warranted. Using the report function doesn't hurt the member whose post it is, and it doesn't cause the system to automatically generate the warning point.

When "report" is clicked on, it opens a box to enter a comment about why you are reporting that post. Comments may be helpful for us to know your feelings but aren't necessary. It could be some short phrase, for example:, advert by spammer, attacking another, vulgarity. It doesn't have to be short, but it could be that easy, and it's easier for us to all see what the group thinks are problem posts.

Remember that Eric may not spend much time on here and he certainly skips many of the tax topics because taxes aren't his thing. I might not read some of the topics in the alternate vendor subforums, but some spam was occurring there that could easily have been brought to our attention.

People have been using it, and it is a lot easier than each of us getting separate PMs, having to search for the post in question, and then for us having PMs back and forth. Also, no one should feel like they are being a tattler or whiner if they report a post. If anyone here thinks he or she is being attacked, that person shouldn't feel like they are being a whiner or being too sensitive by reporting a post they feel is an attack. That is what the report function is there for.

• Like 2

Judy said it very well. I'll just add that you should use it when you feel it needed, no one but Eric and mods see it, and whether we agree with you or not, we don't mind looking. We want this group to continue to be a useful tool for our members, and a friendly place for them as well. You help us keep it that way, if you spot a scammer or other problem.

• Like 2