ATX Community

FileCenter Pro

michaelmars

Have used File Center for several years. It is a good, solid program much superior Drake's file manager. File Center is a great, inexpensive application for paperless offices, It provides the availability of printing and scanning pdf files as well as the ability to manipulate and annotate these files. Additionally, it provides an interface that lends itself to quick, easy location of the files. They have a free trial.

Yes its Real!

FileCenter (FC) is a Great DM! Very little compares to it at this price range.

Although Drake DM is decent, it can't compare to FC

1. Scanning and OCR is built-in

2. Templates,
3. Separators (sort, autoname and move to folders automatically by using these)

4. You can use your existing File structure! No proprietory folders or file structure

5. Custom Cabinets to assist with Work Flow

6. Networkable

7. Combining is simple and you can print to the same file and append or prepend on the fly

8. Split view

9. Templates (allows creation of multiple folders simultaneously

10. Naming Conventions (auto name your files)

11. Convert multiple types of file formats to PDF

12. Emailing and protect/secure PDFs

13 Emailing. creation and protect/secure Zip files on the fly

14. Full Redaction capability

15. Typewriter allowing you to simply type on any PDF without creating boxes/fields (although it can do this as well

15. and more

Yes there are some limitations to it, but as far as I can see, only the very high end DM's improve on it.

Comes bundled with a Full PDF ability, well a lite version of PDF-Xchange that does virtually everything you will need.

I wrote a review of version 7 here:

http://gilassc.wordpress.com/2013/01/25/document-management-what-is-it-and-why-do-i-need-it/

And if you mention my name and my website they will give you a $50.00 off the $199.00 Pro version (at least they used to)

• Like 1

Also, check out the software that came bundled with your scanner &/or the capabilities of the full Adobe Acrobat that may have been bundled with your scanner, especially if you bought Fujitsu.

I have the fujitsu too but with a real file management I can keep my clients quickbooks in it and emails etc. and it can all be set up to be automated.

Yes its Real!

FileCenter (FC) is a Great DM! Very little compares to it at this price range.

Although Drake DM is decent, it can't compare to FC

1. Scanning and OCR is built-in

2. Templates,

3. Separators (sort, autoname and move to folders automatically by using these)

4. You can use your existing File structure! No proprietory folders or file structure

5. Custom Cabinets to assist with Work Flow

6. Networkable

7. Combining is simple and you can print to the same file and append or prepend on the fly

8. Split view

9. Templates (allows creation of multiple folders simultaneously

10. Naming Conventions (auto name your files)

11. Convert multiple types of file formats to PDF

12. Emailing and protect/secure PDFs

13 Emailing. creation and protect/secure Zip files on the fly

14. Full Redaction capability

15. Typewriter allowing you to simply type on any PDF without creating boxes/fields (although it can do this as well

15. and more

Yes there are some limitations to it, but as far as I can see, only the very high end DM's improve on it.

Comes bundled with a Full PDF ability, well a lite version of PDF-Xchange that does virtually everything you will need.

I wrote a review of version 7 here:

http://gilassc.wordpress.com/2013/01/25/document-management-what-is-it-and-why-do-i-need-it/

And if you mention my name and my website they will give you a $50.00 off the $199.00 Pro version (at least they used to)

thanks Joel, in fact I did see your review [not knowing it was you] when I googled FC. Just my luck this morning I got a fraud alert on my business card had have to wait for a new one. So I will order it when my new card comes in and let you know if mentioning you gets me a discount. [and hopefully you get a referral fee too]

gotta tell you Joel, I am holding off, took 5 calls to get someone in sales to speak with and he sounded like he was asleep. told me to order on line for a single user and not through him [he did verify he is the sales rep]. When I asked for Jeff, he said there is a jeff in tech support but there are no promotions that he knows of. Didn't say he would check or anything. After the disaster with ATX customer support I am really afraid of using this company right now.

I think I will search for a bigger company and a comparable product before going ahead with FC

gotta tell you Joel, I am holding off, took 5 calls to get someone in sales to speak with and he sounded like he was asleep. told me to order on line for a single user and not through him [he did verify he is the sales rep]. When I asked for Jeff, he said there is a jeff in tech support but there are no promotions that he knows of. Didn't say he would check or anything. After the disaster with ATX customer support I am really afraid of using this company right now.

I think I will search for a bigger company and a comparable product before going ahead with FC

Jeff is the tech guy. He has helped me with sales when between the two of us, Lucion had my account confused. I have dealt with the sales vp and he is easy to deal with but only for special pricing when I already had another license and wanted to upgrade a second one I had. The software's excellent and not pricey. You can spend a lot more money and probably get fancier interfaces but for the price, you can't beat FileCenter.

I got it already and am playing with templates before I bring in client files. My intention is to bring in 2013 and going forward. and whenever I have a free day will bring in another year going back.

I can't decide if I want files by client then year or by year then client in the templates. And what about emails, do I bring them into client as general folder or do I sort those by year too? I am going to play with options over the weekend. I am impressed how fast you can drag a file into it.

I don't plan on scanning files that weren't yet scanned [pre 2008] but maybe will hire an intern during the summer to do so.