ATX Community

Accepting Credit Cards

Randall

We are updating to 2014. We have been using 2011 without any of the problems you described. Intuit is very proud of their product and their price shows it.

What I was trying to say is, if you have an old version of QB and a new client comes with a 2013 or 2014 file, you cannot open it if you don't have either the 2013 or 2014.

http://go.na.sage.com/S1AccountantsEdApplicationUS?utm_source=CPA%20Practice%20Advisor%203rd%20Party&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=CCSN131205004&o_eid=8443H3953623E4C

Sage Accounting is giving a complimentary account to their Sage One software to accountants who provide payroll or bookkeeping services. Also you can pass on savings to your clients like intuit.

I just use Quickbooks for all my internal accounting work for my firm, and if someone is paying me by credit card, I insert the card info into Qbooks, and I get paid. I don't want to learn 5 or 6 processes to get paid.... And ATX's "Bill Pay" process is a scam...

I used to be a proadvisor, but saw no reason to pay them $400-600 more every year for a listing on thier website. It has worked so far, but if I was starting out, I might pay extra to get a premium listing on thier website....

I buy the new version of Qbooks every year, and if a client gives me a version 2010 file, I can give it back to them, as well as 2004, 06, 07, 08, 09, 11, 12, 13 and soon, 14...

I do any client bookkeeping in Qbooks ver 2012. I will upgrade THOSE to Ver 2015 when needed...

YMMV.

Rich

I use Square. No monthly fee can use it when I want to take a credit card. I have also taken Paypal in the past and will consider putting that on my website as well. It is a great idea. I have really liked using square. The gizmo is really easy to use. Money is directly deposited into my bank account.

I guess I wasn't clear with my previous post. I know the Square reader is free and yes I know there is processing fees, what I was getting at had to do with is my phone or tablet compatible? If not I would have to buy a different phone or a different tablet.

I went to Target yesterday and purchased the reader for $9.99 and set my account up and have already been issued a $10.00 credit to my account for the reader and I have already tested it on my phone. I'm all set now!

Deb!